Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass's epic photography failure

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one reason is so it doesnt try to drive its internal lens through the back of the adapter lens which now sits in front of it

DOH!

The other is for focus and exposure compensation, but still need to go to manual mode to take the best pics with them

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Random.... I always wanted a nice german z scale train set for the office LOL....

http://www.marklin.com/start/z.html

drool LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the manual for him so hopefully he is reading it now and learning all things wonderful about his camera and these new lenses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after reading some of the manual, and playing a little more.. I realize now why I so badly need a light ring and tripod.
    However, at least I'm one step closer to better photos.
    Next step.. learn lighting and flash work.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    find the settings?

and tried to sell you light ring too

just takes some practice and yep, a tripod helps big time...

you will have fun learning... then you will want a dslr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    find the settings?

and tried to sell you light ring too
    Not yet.. I just read your post. But at least I realized I need to change the focal point to use the new lenses (DUH!). I'll look into the settings once the camera recharges.

I know.. I know.. I didn't know what it was, what it was for, or why I needed it. Didn't take long to learn that one the hard way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine had several menus.... my adapter lens settings were in the hardware setup menu, not the picture setup menu.... always took some digging to remember where to go, it was an option that was buried pretty deep

actually you are so close to the object with your setup that light rings and the camera mounted flash are pretty useless...., they do great given a little distance, but with the equipment you have you.. will be within a very few inches of the subject (sometimes less then an inch or two)

its a lotta bang for the buck, but it doesnt take long to discover its limits

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to a manual for the canon powershot g3 manual:

http://www.instructionsheets.com/mfg...wershot_g3.pdf

C1 & C2 are for saving custom settings that you use often - like when you use a certain lens & light combination for macro shots you can save the settings that work best for you so you don't have to reset things every time.

Hope this helps a little - will grope around the net and see what I can find on using your available lens combinations.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go to page 183 of afrodisa's linked manual

reading the bottom of page 183, i get the impression that yours doesnt have dedicated adapter lens setup settings. However, the manual is giving specific instructions on where to set the focal length and in what mode depending on adapter lens being used.

(your camera predates my A570IS by quite a bit, so the menu settings are probably a later feature)

in either case.... it basically tells ya what to do ;-)
    Last edited by Av8tor1; 09-12-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast