What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Net pots

gill_za

Never Knows Best
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of an online store that sells square NET pots. Unfortunately I'm not having much luck finding them at a price that does not look like a ripoff. The only ones I've found are outrageously expensive when compared to square pots.
I'm in particular trying to find two types of net pots:

this
ESU77051_l.jpg

and this
4inbsk.jpg

Unfortunately, these pots are marketed to specialty growers -- either for orchids or for hydroponic use, and are none too cheap. Check hydroponic suppliers online . . .

check stores that sell pond plants

also check dollar stores.......they sell plastic basckets of equal size and design that would work.

Gill, I used to special order mine from a pond supply company, but Drs. Foster and Smith started carrying these at a competitive price. I buy all of mine from them now.

Ohh I did see this post when I was searching but the pictures in the last few links threw me off. I did not notice the description 4x4x4 :)

Also thank you for the suggestion about hydroponic and pond plants. I abandoned my Google Shopping search and started looking for hydroponics suppliers directly, found some cheap round net pots as well.

Thank you all for help I think I'm all set!

Update: Aqua supercenter is out of the net pots/ planting baskets :( Square pots/baskets are too damn expensive 1+ dollar a pop sheesh. Round ones it is....

Last edited:
I also gave up the hunt on "cheap" small square baskets, the Hydroponics shop near my work has round ones starting from about 39 cents cents each 4" round compared to several bucks for a single square one purchased online.

Large square baskets are cheap and I've even used a large dish drain bin 18" x 12" for my old large N. rajah, essentially it was just a net basket but huge and baby blue in color! :lol:

Back