What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geocaching - 133 caches in a day

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Best caching day ever.
133 caches today. 131 from the L.O.S.T. C&D Rails to Trails series that I biked for 35 miles today. What I did was to find every other cache on the trail when riding away from the car, and on the way back pick up the ones I skipped. That worked out very well. Otherwise it would have been too much stopping at one time.
I planned to get more, but once I got past Quarrysville I ran into a big problem at Hollow Road. The trail, I mean silt - mud pit, turned me back.

774a4ba6-f8a4-48b1-9c3e-eba308a50a66.jpg

The silt - mud was so bad it locked the crank on my bike; I was not thrilled at all about having to get my foot out of the clipless pedal and place it into the muck. I was trying to get to what looked like a tunnel and see if it got better on the other side, but never made it that far.
When I got back to the Hollow Road, I bounced the bike off the road several times trying to get the hunks of mud off it. Huge globs where falling off the bike.

9ed9b687-2500-4430-a41d-c39a41243cb0.jpg

Then I started to ride back very slowly to keep the mud from flying off the tires and getting all over my backback. I was happy when I notice the stream that ran beside the trail just across the road had a deep spot that came to the middle of the bike tires. So I basically through the bike in to wash off the silt and mud.

3266376b-6a38-43f8-83dd-08b07c26a04e.jpg

That worked great except for the fact now all the oil washed out of the crank and gears and I had a squeaky bike the whole rest of the trip. LOL
I stopped to eat lunch on the trail. Had chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy, which refueled me for finding more caches.

fcea6122-9205-4218-b287-72a80892dd6e.jpg

I know of a few other cachers on the site and thought I'd share.

133!? were they all lined up next to each other in a row? 133 is a very impressive number! good finds! how many hours all together?

Wow thats a lot in a day!
Its very fun hiding these types of things for people to find.
Did ya score anything from the caches?

amphirion
Yep. What they call a power trail / speed trail when they are like that.
started at 8:00am and finished up around 4:00pm.
I thought about driving to the end of the trail and heading back towards the mud pit, but I talked to someone on the trail that said sections of the end of the trail is like what I encountered, so I passed on it. Could have had around 180 caches if I did...
I'll hit it in dryer weather; probably next year. Hopefully by that time they will open another section of trail, and it will get caches placed on it as well.

Picture of the smilie faces on the trail. See all the ones I pasted up?
HappyTrail.jpg

lance
These where all micros, so nothing good in the caches.
I've yet to take anything out of a cache other then Travel bugs and Geocoins to move to new location.... oh just remembered took $2.00 out of a cache. That was for the First to Find, and that was me. :-D

My Geocaching stats:
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/

There is a power trail in DE I've been eying up. Not as many caches, 138, in 3 sections on both sides of the C&D Canal.

Back