What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome Question

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I downloaded Google Chrome to go along with IE, so I could use Adblocker. When I right click I get this thing called, "Inspect Element", with a whole mess of computerese. I just want t copy the URL and paste it somewhere else. How do I get / or what are they calling the URL?

Hey Jim,

Where are you right-clicking? In Chrome, if you right-click where the "www." starts (the address bar) it should highlight the entire address for you and give you the option to copy, cut, paste, etc...

Well you can always use the keyboard controls
Highlight is by either double clicking or clicking once and hitting Ctrl a
Ctrl c is copy
Ctrl v is paste

Alt+D will highlight the URL (which, by the way, is a quick way to change whatever site you're on), Ctrl+C will copy. Super quick.

Normally, as in IE, if I right click on a page, I get the option for 'Properties". From there, I get a box with the URL. I don't get that with Chrome, or at least they are using different terminology for the same thing. IDK. I'm probably just relegated to highlighting the address bar.

Gotcha Jim.

Had a feeling you were doing it a very different way....

You dont have to highlight the address bar in chrome, literally just right click anywhere in the address bar and it will highlight the entire address for you to copy...

You dont have to highlight the address bar in chrome, literally just right click anywhere in the address bar and it will highlight the entire address for you to copy...

Yes, that's absolutely correct. To copy the address of the current page into the clipboard, just right-click the address bar and select "Copy" from the property menu. Highlighting appears automatically after the right-click.

BTW: Newer versions of Internet Explorer allow exactly the same.

To copy the address of a link on the page, just place the mouse cursor over the link, right-click and select "Copy Link Address".

Thanks!

Back