What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it even in cultivation yet?

rumors.... maybe europe

in europe....i think we should try and fix that...anybody from the STATES wanna go tepui hopping in 2012? :lol: I KID! I KID! *oh but i wish soooooo hard*

It would be awesome to get different clones of plants. For example, sarracenioides, they should collect a plant with that awesome hood that wistuba shows.

@heli: tricksy tricksy....easier said than done...consider that every tepui is a ecological reserve and no collecting is allowed....

one can dream. ;)

I wonder how long before Wistuba has it in cultivation. Could be worth me visiting EEE that year :D

@mobile: i think he would have released it by now if he did, especially since he updated his entire inventory and re-released H. ceracea....

well ill just let it be known, i wants the precious :p

hint hint hint to all our/my euro friends LOL

woohoo

*EEEEEK*

My new book arrived today, only had a sec to quicky flip through it.... but omg it looks so good!

Easily the most comprehensive work on Heliamphora to date.

:hail:

FINALLY! but that means i gotta wait another two days? phooey.....

Fold out map, stunning pics, diagrams, descriptions, 560+ pages of heliamphora

gonna take a bit to digest this

:)

Good to hear that it gets the "Butch Seal of Approval." Mine is still in the mail and hopefully it doesn't swell to the size of the Manhattan white pages from rain while I am out of town . . .

Enjoying the book....

I’ve had a chance to look over the book in a little more detail. You won’t find chapters written by Wistuba, Fleischmann or Nertz. I get the impression that it is more a matter of including their research, blessing and approval. Many references are made to the expeditions and research of these men. So far I've not seen anything along the lines of Fleischmann's rumored detailed DNA studies.

I suspect that this collaboration is in response to the outcry of hobbyist for consistency among those we regard as the experts in the field.
The book does its best to describe each species including location data and environmental conditions. This endeavor makes up the majority of the text and succeeds very well in this matter.

Finally, some cultivation and pollination advice is given as well as nice images from Wistuba’s facilities.

It is by far the best Heliamphora reference to date. A must have book for anyone interested in Heliamphora, and one that was way overdue.
Hopefully it should put to rest most of the McPherson vs. Wistuba description debates.

Enjoy,
Av

I ordered the North and South books ~four months ago...they arrived today. WooT!!

dang it! mine hasnt come in yet! :(

got my copy last night....i would first off like to say, this book does not disappoint. stunning photographs, and detailed descriptions of the ranges and physiological differences of each species. a real treat!

Last edited:
Back