Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear everything that happened. It's not your fault.
    I'm glad that God helped you find your mission (sorry if that's worded wrong)
    You are an excellent father, and I believe you always will be. If you ever need me, PM me or email me anytime

And a little poem I wrote in general (I write songs, not poems, but they're both about the same to write

Over the horizon
    an orange globe
    pulls itself together
    rises above you

Looking up at it you smile
    Never has it been so bright
    Remember to live and your day
    Will be just as breathtaking.
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you feel better soon Travis! I think you just need some hugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travis,
    Do you have any other hobbies besides CP's?
    I am a member of a LOT of internet forums/discussion groups!
    probably 20 or so..forums about:

Model Railroads
    Real Railroads
    Restoring antique snowblowers
    Restoring antique garden tractors

Virtually ALL of them remain completely free from political/moral/religious debates..
    and thus, are very friendly and uplifting..
    actually, terraforums is the "worst" in that respect..by far.

why is terraforums worse?
    because virtually all of the other forums have a simply rule.."no religion or politics"..
    they do allow "off topic" discussions..but the second it veers into religion or politics, its shut down.
    and since all the members know this, it virtually never happens anyway!
    (I have often lobbied for such a rule here..but no one has ever listened..)

So my advice..find a better forum!
    what else are you interested in?
    odds are, there is a community for it..

the internet *can* be a friendly place..you just have to find a community where "anything goes" is *not* allowed..
    thats when the worst of humanity comes out..simply because its tolerated.
    and no, its not censorship..because the admins/owners of these groups just have to say:
    "if you want to talk religion or politics, no one is stopping you, there are billion other places you can go, just not here."

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Travis,

Awesome outlook on your continuing success with your sobriety and family in general. I can only offer the utmost support in whatever positive choices you make. Very noble of you to put something like that together.

My only advice would be to stick around the forums if you wish, and if something or someone bothers you around here dont hesitate to fully communicate it! Nothing good comes from holding emotions in. And in saying that, I definitely don't let peoples personal opinions, or lack there of, affect me. Not worth it!

Be well and talk soon

~GregNY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope life improves for you Travis! It sounds like you're working towards a much better place for yourself and your family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, I've been gone too long.

I mean, I guess I can't have anything more to say than those before me already have, but... I'll say my piece anyway because you deserve to be told as many times as people will tell you.

You and I haven't had the most interaction in the world, but I can say I've enjoyed every time we got to chatting. And it goes without saying that your generosity around here hasn't gone unnoticed. Suffice it to say you're an appreciated member of the community, and it sucks that things can go sour from time to time.

That said, like everyone else has mentioned, make sure you do what's best for you and your family. Let me put emphasis on "make sure." I've been in similar shoes twice: make the decision to say goodbye to a(n online) community, or stick it out through some rough times and hope to see some greener grass. Both times, I had to weigh what was best for me and my wife. And, both times, I decided to call it quits with those communities. Both these decisions were made about five years ago, and both decisions are ones I regret today. You can say you'll keep in contact with people, you can say you won't become a stranger, but once the decision's made and you were the one to make it... well, the decision's made. It's weird, it's almost like a repeat of high school graduation. You tell everyone you'll keep in contact, everyone tells you they'll do the same, but over time... those relationships just... grow apart. That's why I regret having removed myself from those communities.

And don't let anyone give you the nonsense about, "Hey, it's just the internet, it doesn't matter." That's largely the mindset (not on your part) that's got you in the position to begin with. Yes, it's the internet, yes people can be total ******s with no fear of punishment or other repercussions. But people can also be people on the internet. Some people choose not to let the anonymity give them some false sense of power. And when people act themselves on the internet, well, it's very easy to form some very tightly woven relationships with them. Some of my very best friends have been people I've never met. And a lot of those people, today, I have no idea if they're even alive. Because I chose to remove myself from the communities they made themselves part of, and because I allowed those relationships to, subsequently, die. A bridge doesn't have to be burned to be rendered unusable. If the bridge is allowed to go without use or work, it falls apart just the same.

I guess what I'm trying to convey is that you really need to think ahead... like, way ahead. If the community is making it harder to live a happy life, then yes, you should probably take a break or cut back on your activity, like you have decided to do. And if you need to take it a step further, I might suggest thinking of it more of as a leave of absence than a farewell. If you say goodbye to a community, just know that it might very well mean goodbye... it has in my experience, anyway.

Blah, I rambled. I hope I at least got my point across.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travis - great to see you decided to come back. Your experience here on this forum and your wealth of knowledge are meaningful not only to the folks who post regularly here but also to the silent hobbyists who pass through this site searching for information even if they don't chime in themselves. Plus, you're a chill guy and good thread-company (yes, I just coined that new term). I guess what I'm trying to say i that it's useful to take a step back and realize just how many people value your presence here even if they don't say it!

And if that's not enough... well, you post enough eye candy and give away enough awesome fluffy moss to put you at the top of many a favorites list around these parts!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123