What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy...
That Heli is omazing, what kind is it

Oops, sorry I thought I put it up, my bad. It is a H. "tequila"

Wow! That tequilla looks awesome!

Quick update:
Current conditions:
temps 66F
humidity 100%
I covered the bottom of the terrarium with lfs and it really helps with the temps and humidity.

I was the lucky winner of Jbradt's generous giveaway and we decided to ship on wednesday instead of the planned monday. So the shipping and packaging said that my package was to arrive on friday. Along comes friday and no package comes, I check the track and confirm later and it said they attempted to deliver at 6:15 pm and they left a note. The funny thing is that, I WAS THERE at that time and there was no usps truck. So the next day arrives and I call the ask usps number, they tell me to call the local office so I do, no answer, I call five more times, no answer. I eventually just walk over to the office which is like two miles away. When I get there they tell me my package is on the truck and they tell me to go to the address where it is being shipped. I walk two miles back and when I am a block away I happen to see my local usps guy, We are friends and he is a nice guy. I ask him when I should get my package and he says they arent delivering to my address and that he remembers seeing my package at the usps place. He then calls them to tell them where my package is and he tells me to go back to pick it up. Two more miles of walking and I finally get my package. I walk another two miles home to discover they completely ignored the "this side up" signs that jbradt put on the package so I find my new heli's roots snapped off...

P1140584.jpg

P1140581.jpg

P1140580.jpg

Ouch... That sucks! I hope it comes back for you. It's a strong little division though. With your obvious good care, i bet it will be fine.

Man Heli - you have the WORST luck with USPS! What with this delivery debacle and also the drama that happened when I sent you that clump of U. longifolia! Glad it worked out, though.

That's a great setup, but how do you manage to keep it so cool? Tell me you're not one of those lucky New Yorkers with access to this thing called.... hmm, what did they name that invention... ah yes, "A/C??"

:lol: right now the weather is cold so I have the window open with the fan blowing in the cold air. Also, I put some LFS on the bottom of the tank and that really helps with the humidity and temps.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

I have come up with an estimate of my day and night temps.

Daytime: 66-72
Nighttime: 60 -69

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Scratch that, my humidity/ temp gauge says its at 65F, and it says error for the humidity! :-)) to high for it to handle.

Update:
temps and humidity read at 10/16/11

Night temps and humidity:

temp range: 60-64

My humidifier ran out of water while I was sleeping,

Humidity: 60%

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

I think I broke my digital gauge! It still says error even after putting it in a low humidity environment. Thats why I have a back up dial though :D

Last edited:
* BIG UPDATE! *

The shipment from wistuba has arrived!

Heliamphora minor
Heliamphora heterodoxa
Heliamphora heterodoxa x nutans
Heliamphora nutans (Yuruani Tepui)
Heliamphora chimantensis (Chimanta)
Heliamphora pulchella (Amuri Tepui)

P1140775.jpg

H. heterodoxa x nutans

P1140778.jpg

H. nutans

P1140779.jpg

H. heterodoxa

P1140780.jpg

H. minor

P1140782.jpg

All the plants together soaking in tricho:

P1140784.jpg

Looking good there heli..enjoy them

Thats alotta helis! Good luck!

Heli Soup! :lol:

HELI SOUP! :spazz:

HELI SOUP!! :laaa:

nom nom nom

Congrats, Heli! Good luck with them all. That's a great collection already!

Thanks jbradt!

How do you know what's what after soaking them all together??

I have them all memorized :D I can tell each one by its slight differences

Back