What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heli

villosaholic
Ok so as some of you know, I am setting up a new terrarium specifically for heliamphora. I ordered the supplies already and they are coming now. I will be posting pictures of the plants I get and the stuff I use for my setup. As of last night Wistuba has contacted me, telling me that my shipment has been sent, my order consisted of;
Heliamphora minor
Heliamphora heterodoxa
Heliamphora heterodoxa x nutans
Heliamphora nutans (Yuruani Tepui)
Heliamphora chimantensis (Chimanta)
Heliamphora pulchella (Amuri Tepui)

I am also receiving H. tequila in a trade, won a H. het x minor in a giveaway, and currently making a deal with a member of this forum for a H. neblinae. Wish me luck! :boogie:

wistuba helis can be a challenge for a newbie..... just a heads up, bag them till you see new growth

congrats on beginning Luca's big heli adventure :p

That's a plethora of helis! Good luck with the the set up!

Thanks Butch and jbradt. just a quick update, the trichoderma came today and she was kind enough to give me some granular mix with the flowable. I also received the lighting today and should receive the last stuff tomorrow or friday. I will post pictures of the stuff later today. @Butch Should I just follow the instructions you have in the sticky thread? How long do you think they should be bagged?

Last edited:
yes... i do, and how long depends on way too many variables.... but usually a couple weeks.

open the bags and let them breathe a little each day, you dont want condensation reallly.

The oh so interesting picture of the fertilizers that came today :p

P1140546.jpg

Last edited:
Hey...gotta get your K :lol:

Just a quick update, I set up the terrarium so far. It is still a work in progress and will be fiddling with it. I will be adding more stuff as well so this isnt the final product. Will be adding another light and etc. So far the temps and humidity arent bad.

P1140552.jpg

P1140553.jpg

P1140554.jpg

P1140556.jpg

On another note, I just repotted my droso...

P1140557.jpg

Questions, comments, or concerns?

Is the cape from me the third one over? Looking good. :) And your droso looks awesome, bigger then mine. :) You keeping yours inside or outside?

Yep thats the one :p I mainly keep the droso outside but lately its been raining alot, so its been on my window.

Looks like your on your way Luca...

Sorta reminds me of the Anne's setup., be prepared.... your plants will outgrow it rather fast.

The 0-0-1 seaweed fert is interesting... :p

Looks like Kelly too good care of ya, she is good people..... I like the granular for the root zone. If you sprinkle it on top too thick it can "glob" up. It will then look like snot after awhile.... but no biggie. After that it will turn a blue green, that is normal and just the spore formation (Conidia?)

To avoid that in this method of application, sprinkle then immediatly water and let it disperse a little

congrats,
Av

Great thread! I was thinking of repotting all of my heli's because I have noticed compaction of my LFS:perlite mix. Off to get some APS. Been meaning to try it.

Is the 'Seaweed Plant Food' just seaweed extract, or does it have anything else added?

Not really sure, just looked up seaweed fertilizer on amazon and thats what came up. I can tell you that it is organic though :p

Just got a new heliamphora "tequila". I would like to thank BronzeLeaves in his generosity for giving me such a plant and adding freebees like a H. het x minor and a huge bag of lfs. :-O

I hope you enjoy your new book! ;)

P1140569.jpg

P1140563.jpg

P1140562-1.jpg

P1140564.jpg

P1140562.jpg

P1140561.jpg

P1140560.jpg

P1140558.jpg

I just might divide the plant up and give away a division ;)

Last edited:
...............I believe I have heli envy......:0o:

That's a nice plant :0o:

HOLY JEEBUZ MOTHER OF GAWD that thing is HUGE! :0o:

Thank you for the nice comments guys! :D This plant has already flowered twice for the previous owner. Let hope it does the same for me.

Back