What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That doesn't really answer the question though does it? I can send you a whole bunch of plants labelled as N. villosa BE 3225 but that doesn't mean they are.

BE would be able to verify if the distributor received any N. villosa over the past year. But you need to find out the original source for the plant.

I will let you know when the guy responds.

Oh man this could get sticky! Tell you what Heli, if it turns out to be crumby old N. macrophylla, just go ahead and send it to me. I'll take it off your hands. :lol:

Last edited:
Don't worry dude...even if it isn't a villosa and it is a macrophylla (I agree too.. I grow both and this is no villosa), atm macro is more expensive than villosa. So good deal u got yourself there. Heck even a trusmadiensis is more expensive. So don't sweat it. Enjoy it and wait for BE to restock villosa.

Money isnt the thing. I promised it out to someone for trade...

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

and I much MUCH prefer villosa, macro doesnt do much for me. If anyone wants to trade villosa for this macro pm me.

Redflytrap here, chiming in...

I am the offender in question.

I have contacted Heli regarding the "villosa" in question.
I am a little confused, to say the least.

This whole situation has really gotten out of control.
I am more than happy to return the package in transit to my person, back
to Heli. I would only like to right this incident.

Again, I am terribly sorry for all this confusion.

I have added pictures of some more "known" N. villosa.
These, however, are from seed, grown by Bigbella.

What gets me, however, is that my plant came from Michael Catalani.
And again for posterity, it was labeled as: BE-3225.
As far as I am concerned, it should not be possible that any mix-up
could have occurred... As I said before, I am sorry for the confusion,
but I don't understand how this started in the first place.

In all fairness though, this trade was for you Heli...
So, what do you want me to do?

—Jack

Nvillosa.jpg

Nvillosa08.jpg

NH2.jpg

NH-1.jpg

NVILLOSAB.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jack,

Thanks for stopping in. Mixups happen! I would contact Michael and let him know the plant you received on such and such date appears to be incorrectly identified. I am sure he would like a heads up so he can check his records and imports. It would be unusual for BE to mix up the two but maybe it was a rogue plant.. it can happen. Maybe someone at CPJ goofed.. who knows. But I pointed it out because I am fairly confident of the error and if your plant is mislabelled then maybe some others are too

Nice seed grown plants there. If you look closely I think you can see the subtle differences between them and the plant in question. Especially with regard to the fuzzier thinner longer tendril, more horizontal pitcher opening with more pronounced ridges and teeth. The upper part of the pitcher is more upright and in many cases seems to flair a bit right below the peristome. As well as the less pronounced wings with the shorter more numberous hairs.

Last edited:
Dont worry, im not blaming you... But thank you for righting the situation.

H. "tequila" flower stalk:
P1000906.jpg

N. robcantleyi
P1000912.jpg

P1000919.jpg

N. burb x eddie
P1000914.jpg

N. hamata ~sg~ Gunung Katopassa

P1000915.jpg

P1000917.jpg

All my nepenthes seem to get an orange ting under my lights.

everything looks pretty darn happy. :clap:

Thanks... what frustrates me is the red ting on the hamata... I assume its sunburn right? Its not even that close to the lights.

I dont think the coloring is a bad thing... how d you get your N. robcantleyi to show its color? I keep mine shaded...but could I put it under full light?

I have it next to my setup so it gets light from one 55watt cfl. Its not me though, I only got it a week ago ;)

Red tinge is not a bad thing...it's simply the plant equivelent of a tan.....and I find it to be an attractive feature. Sunburn shows up as yelowing and brown/tan patches..and you do not have that.

PS....keep an eye on the N. robcantleyi...mine doesn't seem to tan...it just burns.....very light sensitive.

Mannnnnn. Do I remember correctly from earlier that you grow all this in a 10g? If so, that's crazy. After seeing this thread, I'm quite certain I need to get ahold of a few Helis. Congrats, you've just converted someone. XD

Well some of it grows next to the terrarium, but thanks very much. I hope you do well with your future helis. ;)

I haven't noticed my N. robcantleyi to burn too easy. But I haven't had it all that long either. I hope it makes a pitcher something like that one! It grows realllly slow. :cry: The only plant I have that grows slower is N. argentii.

I like argentii, maybe I could squeeze one into my 10 gallon :lol:

I like argentii, maybe I could squeeze one into my 10 gallon :lol:

It's my favorite of them all! You could easily get one into there. I'm going to try and get another different clone if I can find one.

Also, I'm with everyone else, the tanning of your plants lives is a good thing in my opinion. They typically don't actually get burnt until they are very close to the lights or if you for some reason are using ridiculously strong lights that put off dry heat.

A nice hamata with red leaves and sweet pitchers is one of the best looking plants IMO.

Well I found a nursery selling some, maybe when I get the money I will go for it.

Back