Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abortion of Apical Meristem in N. aristolochiodies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, this is a little embarrassing to post here, but this is the same plant I was talking about october. Amphirion, does this look like what your plants did? If so, I can move it away from the lights a little. I have a bag around it (but not over it) to increase the humidity. I hit it with some neem about a week ago just to be sure, but does it look like pests or more like... environmental stressors? I have a happy N. densiflora that I could put it next to (which is to say, it's liking its conditions), maybe a good idea?

*cue disgusting photos* (if you have a weak stomach, you might wanna not look )

"The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks totally like a plant who is being kept too warm and possibly too dry looking at that crispy sphagnum BUT the humidity will only affect pitchering, your leaves aren't even developing anymore.
    N. aristolochioides is a cold loving & moisture Nepenthes, mine regularly get 40*F nights & 90% RH and are as happy as can be.

What exactly are your day & night temps & humidity levels?

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't sweat over the pic the plant doesn't look that bad . I've had a nepenthes do the same thing when USPS chopped off its growth point. It looks like it needs a bit of cooling and some humidity to look prime.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I mentioned above, earlier this year mine did something similar. Here's a pic of that section now:

When it was happening, there were three small protrusions very similar to your pic (minus the nasty-looking leaves). The plant chose to keep the one on the left as the primary growth point and also chose to enter vine mode. The end of the vine is now about a foot to the left.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12