User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pics for Ron / or anyone who wants to see a wipeout!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!! Really looks incredible - great job!
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Ron, the rudder is still in the garage... on the table.... I'll get it attached at some point.

Video of my rolling. Not perfect, but works most of the time. Next things to practice, self rescue in the touring kayak, then rolling that.

Couple other pics of me and the wife on the Susquehanna River a few nights ago.

Any ideas on next years trip? Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge? Merchant Millpond again?
    Last edited by elgecko; 03-18-2013 at 07:42 PM.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elgecko View Post
    Video of my rolling. Not perfect, but works most of the time. Next things to practice, self rescue in the touring kayak, then rolling that.
    I've been really negligent with that - the hot weather should really have me out there practicing all sorts of rescues. Thanks for the reminder.
    Couple other pics of me and the wife on the Susquehanna River a few nights ago.
    Did you get a 3rd yak?
    Any ideas on next years trip? Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge? Merchant Millpond again?
    I can't even begin to think about next year until it starts to get cold. If I planned right now, with this heat, I'd be looking for places in Alaska or the Yukon. LOL
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    I've been really negligent with that - the hot weather should really have me out there practicing all sorts of rescues. Thanks for the reminder.
    It's another steamy day in PA. If it does not storm I may be cooling off this way tonight.
    Did you get a 3rd yak?
    First yak was the WW. Second was the rec boat for my wife, and the last one was my touring kayak, so yep I have 3.
    I can't even begin to think about next year until it starts to get cold. If I planned right now, with this heat, I'd be looking for places in Alaska or the Yukon. LOL
    If I had the time and $$ Alaska sounds great to me.

In Sept my wife and I are taking the yaks to Assateague Island. I may take my yak to Cape May (wife does not want to go in the ocean yet) the end of this month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Practice any self rescue Ron?

Was out playing with the touring kayak tonight with self rescue and decided to see if I could roll it without a skirt. Man this boat rolls easy. Easier then the WW yak.
    Had the wife shoot some video.

1st segment: roll without a skirt.
    2nd segment: the boat was already half filled with water from a previous roll. Makes for a really unstable boat as I went over again and did a self rescue then. I probably did not need to switch to the other side of the boat when using the paddle as an outrigger. There is a raised bump on the one side so it would keep the blade down in the water more when used on the side I did. I should have tried the other side to see if there was any difference.

** Just noticed as I looked at this today, the video is cut off by what I suspect is caused by the ad to the right. To see the videos in full, double click them to open them up in Youtube...
    **** oh sure... write the edit save and ad disappears and full view of the video is there....

And a video of me paddling upstream on the Susquehanna River when I was exploring the rock gardens, and eddy hopping.

** Just noticed as I looked at this today, the video is cut off by what I suspect is caused by the ad to the right. To see the videos in full, double click them to open them up in Youtube...
    **** oh sure... write the edit save and ad disappears and full view of the video is there....
    Last edited by elgecko; 03-18-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's something I've wanted to do for a while now and it just never worked out..... Kayaking in the snow.
    Went for a 2 hour paddle today.
    Need to remember to bring the skirt next time...

Ron, did you ever get the email I sent about this years kayak trip?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After paddling several boats, I purchased a new WW boat this evening.... can not wait to get it on some WW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats nice ! I love kayak, but im only a amateur. Sometimes a 2 places kayak with my gf :-)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast