User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Richjam's pics. new H. minor and other STUFF :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    No need to use "insert image" it will add redundant IMG tags, just copy code into main text window
    Thanks Av8tor I'm still learning the ropes.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The N. maxima "Tentena" looks very different from the one we're used to seeing. Good luck with the Heli.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    The N. maxima "Tentena" looks very different from the one we're used to seeing. Good luck with the Heli.
    Thanks I guess you've already seen a lot of these pics on facebook. I need to take more up to date pics on a few of my plants, and get pics of the rest of my plants too. It's always cool to trace your plant's growth through time.

As far as the N. maxima tentana goes, the actual description from the 'unnamed vendor' says, "N. maxima giant Tentena, Sulawesi.... Wild seed from clone 2, no guarantee seedlings will turn out with wavy leaves!" (I'll update that on my pic now), so maybe it's a little bit of a different form. No wavy leaves on mine, but maybe as it gets bigger. Either way, we'll see.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I've seen most of them there.

It's probably a different form then. Let's see, we already have 4 forms of N. maxima at Meadowview. If we can both get cuttings from our maximas we could bring that number up to 6! On another note, I've never seen a glabrata that red.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick question, but what is that bag thing under the Nepenthes Glabrata and Spectabilis*Aristolochioides hybrid used for?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice plants. Are you growing them indoor? Nice H. minor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_N View Post
    Just a quick question, but what is that bag thing under the Nepenthes Glabrata and Spectabilis*Aristolochioides hybrid used for?
    Good question,

Those particular pictures are from this last spring, but I have since had to change my settup because my new appartment doesn't have windows with good lighting.
    I have the pot set in a clear plastic cup with water below the pot line, and then a wick which extends from a hole in the pot to the bottom of the cup. This made it possible for me to be gone for up to a week at a time without needing to water the small pots, which would otherwise need a lot more attention.
    The cup was surrounded with white paper to reflect light, keep the pot temperature down (since they were getting dirrect sun through the window), and discourage the growth of algae in the water. Under the white paper I put a layer of black plastic to absorb any light that might get through the paper and further dicourage growth of algae.
    Currently now I have a similar settup , using nylon wicks to water several of my plants that sit on a grate which sits over a tray full of water (as seen in picture numbers 2, 5, and 12, among others). I use this for most of my Neps, my Cephalotus, and I plan to use it on my Heli as well. Wicks can occasionally fail though (don't know why), so you need to monitor the pot moisture for a little while to make sure it is working.
    It's an interesting method, but it saves a lot of time and energy. Has anyone else done anything of the sort?

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by patrickntd View Post
    Very nice plants. Are you growing them indoors? Nice H. minor!
    Thanks for the compliments
    Most of the plants in these pics are currently grown indoors under T-12 light fixtures (though as you can see many were grown on my indoor windowsill this last spring, but I have since moved). The U. gibba and Sarracenia minor grew outdoors in full sun most of the season, though I also had them on the windowsill in early spring. I have a moderately sized outdoor collection of flyraps and Sarracenia not pictured here.

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-18-2011 at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    Yup, I've seen most of them there.

It's probably a different form then. Let's see, we already have 4 forms of N. maxima at Meadowview. If we can both get cuttings from our maximas we could bring that number up to 6! On another note, I've never seen a glabrata that red.
    What form of N. maxima do you have Graham?
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone elses N. sanguinea produce molasses colored nectar on the peristome? Mine always does. It might be a little hard to see, but you can see it on pic number 19 (just on the inner rim of the peristome). I have clearer pics of the nectar in some other photos that I could upload. The interesting thing is that all the other nectar on the pitcher and lid are clear, so I thinik it's an actual plant adaptation. I'm looking to do a research project on this with one of my professors, but just want a better idea of how frequent the occurence is. Maybe it's just this particular variety of N. sanguinea?

I'll make a seperate post for this subject as well.

Cheers
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast