Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: priority mail haters

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally have no qualms with the service. I think it's great.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had any issues with our Canadian postal system except for packages taking longer than they should to arrive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one time i was at the post and i started writing "fragile" on one of my packages and the guy told me to stop because it just doesnt matter. he said the drivers pretty much ignore all writing on the package and if its not insured actually makes it a target for drivers who are having a bad day will be extra rough with it.

That wasnt at the "actual" post office but it was a little drop off place where they also did fedex and UPS shipping too. i stopped going there right after that because i felt like i couldnt trust them and it did seem awfully unprofessional to tell a customer that their package wasnt in safe hands.... he was probably telling the truth though.

so i bought a nice rubber stamp to stamp my packages with an official looking FRAGILE across it but i stopped using it about 6 months ago and havnt had any damaged parcels anyways before or after...

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

oh btw, a lot of you may not know it but when they are loading/unloading trucks with packages they will walk on top of them while organizing or retrieving boxes. thats why sometimes you'll get a box in the mail that is crushed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyJones View Post
    I personally have no qualms with the service. I think it's great.
    Great huh? I have a package that has been "missing" for over 2 weeks now. And another package that came today, that was opened.. then stapled shut. Which means, SOMEONE AT USPS IS GOING THROUGH MY MAIL!
    I don't consider premeditated theft "great" service.

This thread should just be USPS haters.
    Here is a link to complain about:
    **Mail theft (mail you failed to receive but should have, or that you received with the contents missing).
    **Vandalism to your mail receptacle.
    **Tampering (mail that was handled destructively).
    **False change of address.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...MailTheft.aspx
    Last edited by mass; 11-28-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should send them a piece of my mind...

I know its not priority... but this is what happened when I had some gemmae sent to me via regular post.. Someone had carefully opened the envelope, pulled out the little bubble wrap enveloped, cut that open with scissors or a knife, opened the baggy of gemmae, PULL OUT the little folded up bit of paper towel with the gemmae on it.. then when they saw it wasnt drugs or something, they dropped all of it, as is/taken apart, back into the envelope and taped it shut again. Due to the wet paper towel being out in the envelope, it caused a wet spot in the paper that got torn open, AND the gemmae were as dry and crispy as the paper.

Tape

The cut in the little bubble wrap protective envelope.. instead of just unpeeling the tape..

And I forgot to mention, whoever it was, was lazy enough to just CUT THE TOP on the little ziplock baggy to pull out the gemmae. Why not just open it the normal way?!

Dry as a bone paper towel/gemmae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    Which means, SOMEONE AT USPS IS GOING THROUGH MY MAIL!
    Last year I purchased my wife a Christmas ornament from a lady who does handcrafted jewelry. The ornament was in a fancy small box, wrapped in super-nice wrapping paper & inside a larger brown box. The outside of the box was embellished with her business name (featuring the word 'Jewelry' very prominently).

When I received it, the outer box was torn open, the wrapping paper ripped apart and the inner box was mangled. They were not stopping until they got to the 'goodies'. While initially quite upset, I calmed down somewhat when I found that although they had ripped everything apart, the thief apparently didn't like the idea of a handcrafted ornament and stuffed everything back inside.

In hindsight, this was probably a good education on how not to label the exterior of a box....

Note to thief: if you're going to steal stuff, bring a razor blade or a knife. This package looked like it was opened with your teeth - couldn't have been a quick or quiet process ....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are these people thinking?!?! Just some punk kid in a mail sorting room by himself going through every 50-100 packages, or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this time of year the post office hires people for Xmas that doesn't help , also its illegal to send plants to cal.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast