What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

priority mail haters

• Thread starter MICKEY
  • Start date
this time of year the post office hires people for Xmas that doesn't help

This time next year USPS is bankrupt.

Perhaps then every USPS service stops and you all can look out for another object of hate that will transport your priority mail.

Perhaps then every USPS service stops and you all can look out for another object of hate that will transport your priority mail.

I have no qualms with FedEx and UPS other than the cost. But they take pride in their work. Quality always costs more. I accept that..

This time next year USPS is bankrupt.

I don't like your tone, young man! :lac:

Never really had any problems with USPS, just UPS. The driveway to my house is longer than most (not long though, like 100 feet), and for some reason UPS almost always just leaves the packages at the end of the driveway next to the street instead of taking five seconds to drive down to the house and leave the package there. It really pisses me off, since they've left live animals and plants sitting in full sun (luckily I've always found the packages before whatever was inside croaked). I've called the company and told them to send their drivers down the driveway to put the package next to the house in the shade, but the word is not getting to the driver I guess (either that or they just don't care). FedEx always brings the package to the house, and so will USPS if the box doesn't fit in the mailbox.

The only service I've ever really had problems with was FedEx. I get nervous every time I realize a package is being sent to me through them. This could just be my luck with individual drivers, but on several occasions I have been in my apartment, waiting for the call from FedEx, only to find out they didn't even bother to see if I was home and just stuck one of those "Sorry we missed you!" notes on my door.

I deal with UPS at my job and when I order from Amazon and have never had a problem with them.

In regards to the USPS, I guess I just have a good carrier. I've heard people in large cities or bad neighborhoods seem to have the most issues with them.

I had a fish come from Co to Az, 2 day travel... It didn't even show up on the tracking that it had been picked up or anything, then 6 days after it was mailed it showed up in Phoenix, in Tucson the next day. 7 days in the mail, he was still alive, although it's taken about a week now for him to start eating decently.
Andrew

(new on left, mine of same sp. on right. The day I got him)
IMG_3321.JPG

I had a fish come from Co to Az, 2 day travel... It didn't even show up on the tracking that it had been picked up or anything, then 6 days after it was mailed it showed up in Phoenix, in Tucson the next day. 7 days in the mail, he was still alive, although it's taken about a week now for him to start eating decently.
Andrew

(new on left, mine of same sp. on right. The day I got him)
IMG_3321.JPG

Thank the stars for that, Andy (swear at the postal office for the other part).

...turns out... I have plenty of males. So, I really didn't need this one to get eggs.... Oh well, live and learn. LOL

First Class is limited to 13 ounces. 3rd Class (parcels over 13 oz) can take 10 business days or longer to deliver.

most bare root plants don't weigh anything near 13 oz

I should send them a piece of my mind...

I know its not priority... but this is what happened when I had some gemmae sent to me via regular post.. Someone had carefully opened the envelope, pulled out the little bubble wrap enveloped, cut that open with scissors or a knife, opened the baggy of gemmae, PULL OUT the little folded up bit of paper towel with the gemmae on it.. then when they saw it wasnt drugs or something, they dropped all of it, as is/taken apart, back into the envelope and taped it shut again. Due to the wet paper towel being out in the envelope, it caused a wet spot in the paper that got torn open, AND the gemmae were as dry and crispy as the paper.

Tape
6314126874_2cfa29df7d_b.jpg

The cut in the little bubble wrap protective envelope.. instead of just unpeeling the tape..
6313607139_923f95f906_b.jpg

And I forgot to mention, whoever it was, was lazy enough to just CUT THE TOP on the little ziplock baggy to pull out the gemmae. Why not just open it the normal way?!
6313606749_a4d2bc16a8_b.jpg

Dry as a bone paper towel/gemmae
6313606585_fde5f1f613_b.jpg

Just saw this today, and the exact same thing happened to me a month ago. I was mad. The envelope was opened when it arrived. And everything was dried up. Didn't say anything to the person who shipped it, it's not their fault, so they shouldn't replace it. I hate USPS now.

Back