What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lol I guess you got me. Anyways I like the inermis... It looks like it grew fast for you.

Oh nice! I love the leaves on that rajah :love: I love peltate leaves...

Thanks everyone! and heli you are lucky!!

I guess I am lol. How has the rajah been doing for you? I am getting one soon and hopefully it will grow well for me like yours has.

Rajah and villosa have been amazingly easy for me at least. I just don't know what I'm going to do when it starts to get huge, I guess I still have a while to wait before that happens

I heard it can actually grow quite fast once it gets going, maybe trade it out when it gets to large for you. The plant im getting is already 7 inches in diameter so I wonder how long its gonna last me :lol:

Your going to be out of room pretty quick if yours grows as well as mine!

lol, the only reason im getting it is because im gonna make a growrack this spring. Otherwise it would be out of the question.

Nice plants Mike! What temperatures do you grow your villosa and rajah in? Also how big are each?

Pretty much temps of about 75-80 degrees and about 65 at night, pretty much average household temps. The villosa is tiny and the rajah is about 5" in diameter

Got my new terrarium up and running, now all I need is more nepenthes to fill it up!
100_3797.jpg

I'm alos planning to get some sort of humidifier/misting system set up in there to help keep humidity levels high but this will work for now

:bigthumpup: I always love starting up a new tank.

No! Fill it with Drosera! Come to the dark side! :-O

Very nice though, what is the lighting?

you cant see the lighting in the pic but its a dual 48'' T12 fixture, and I may give a few dews a try.

Time for some update pics! still not done yet though...
100_3800.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic, forgot to turn flash off...
100_3799.jpg

I moved the terraruim right next to my window so now im getting more of a tempature drop, i also got my misting system hooked up and running so now humidity is much higher than it was before. Still waiting to recive a few more plants/live LFS and also perordered a few so when i get all of them in i think that this tank will be full. Now for the pics!

pic of the whole terraruim
100_3830.jpg

All the plants inside
100_3831.jpg

Vogelii this is all thats left since the main vine died after taking the cuttings, oh well i still have the foot wide basal which is growing strong
100_3832.jpg

My tiny andreas wistuba villosa which is growing faster than my SG hamata at the moment, still not much to look at ATM
100_3833.jpg

100_3834.jpg

My AW clone 2 hamata growing like a weed
100_3835.jpg

My super slow growing SG hamata
100_3836.jpg

Burbidigeae i got from Mass this summer, really slow to ajust but now i think its one of the fastest growing neps in the terrarium
100_3837.jpg

Jacquilineae really want to see some larger traps on this one
100_3838.jpg

and finally a mikei cutting from zhilin a few months ago, i think its finally rooted :boogie:
100_3840.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:
nice plants love the pitcher on the sg hamata,i find my burb likes slightly warmer temps than others,mine has very red leaves and is pitchering out of a terrarium in normal room humidity,but is a slow grower that got a bit large for the terrarium,i too am waiting for jacquilineae action

Very nice jacquelineae. I bet mine would have been about that size if it were still with us. :cry:

Is it just me or does it look like burbidgeae's growth tip is not looking good? :scratch:

It's fines, I think it's just the angle of the pic and all the fur/hair on the new tendril is just wet

Your plants look great! :grin:

Back