What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dang wives......

thats what i meant.....trying to get paper out and writing in "short hand" tank up and cycled ect and the anemone gets added before a bunch of corals do so it gets first pic at what spot it wants rather than adding it after some corals and it decideds it likes the spot next to one of the corals i put in.....

So... who else wants photos when the tank is up and running? The reef bug has been biting me pretty had again. I've been out of the hobby for over 5 years now and that feels far too long.

The most popular amongst both reefers and clownfish alike, are Rose Bubbles... Not powerful stingers, not really known for eating fish(not saying they WONT, but nothing like a carpet), and fairly hardy for an anemone.
rbta.jpg

You just have to be careful, because if you let them divide unchecked,you're tank will turn into this.
IMG_4213.JPG

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

lol well I ment if you ever happen to be in Seattle again. ;)

we wouldnt want Rattlers tank to end up like that, but those are some beautiful anemones!:drool:

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

oh, yes, i also want pics

ill have pics of the process but i dont want a tank like Bries bottom pic....if im gonna let them do that i might aswell have a carpet anemone.....

have a monster in my wifes nano now that i hand feed......was picking up stuff at a saltwater store and the owner had just got in a shipment and said he had a brittle star that was to busted up that he didnt feel like he should sell it but it was healthy and would regrow the other half of some of its legs in time and did i want him as a freebe....i looked it over saw it was already regrowing its arms so i said sure i would take it.....

arm tip to arm tip he is prolly 7 inches and comes reaching out of the rockwork like the Kracken whenever i feed the fish....pretty well behaved if kept fed, have started hand feeding him krill a couple times a week cause he doesnt seem to get enough left overs and takes to hunting my wifes peppermint shrimp when he gets hungry.....

What color is that starfish, Rattler? Does it look like this? http://echinoblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/giant-green-brittle-stars-of-death-when.html If so, might want to give that page a read.. We have a whioe tank full of those suckers, all from people who have purchased them at other stores unawares, and got tired of them eating their fish/inverts so needed to get rid of it. One of them successfully caught and ate an 8" hippo tang, due to the tangs nature of sliding under/between rocks to sleep.

no its not one of those, this one is Ophiomastix annulosa.....any of the big brittle/serpent stars will hunt small slow moving critters if they are hungry enough...... he caught and partially ate one of the peppermint shrimp, after that i started target feeding him and now he sits behind one rock waiting for me to feed him.....

Ah yeah, those are one of the nifty ones. :)

if he aint really hungry he isnt much of a worry, watched a small porcelain crab chase him off once when he was looking for a new place cause the snapping shrimp ran him off from behind the first rock he liked cause the shrimp was extending his burrow network to behind that rock....

I am an internet person too, but my mom doesn't approve...:glare:

i WOULD be making a pic thread right now if she hadnt kicked me off th main account and logged me on to mine (the sarr pics are on the main account)

mom:"GET OFF OF 'TERRA FORMA' DO YOUR MATH" me:"terraFORUMS you IDIOT":censor:

im supposed to be dong online math crap on tenmarks.com. oh screw it...:glare:

i hate being 13...

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

i jus raelized that im screwed, my mom always checks the history...DAMN IT:rant:

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

ive been so busy ranting that i forgot tho mention the fact that i would like to see pics of your progress on the tank Rattler. you do have pics, dont you?

Haha story of my life! Especially sucks when the english teacher assigns HW :censor:

I actually really like the way all of those anenomes look, it's pretty. Ooo, what kind of pistol shrimp do you have? One marine invert that I absolutely love is mantis shrimp. I'm more into freshwater, but if I ever do a marine tank it will be for a mantis shrimp. Their vision amazes me and I think they're one of the coolest things in the world with their body structure.

not sure what species, lil guy with bands, unfortunatly that covers several species and the lil bugger has gone nocturnal and hates the flashlight with all but the red filter, unfortunately red filter combined with reddish bands equal solid white shrimp....

two critters destined for my dont play well with others tanks are an angler fish and a mantis shrimp....

This thread makes me want fish again. My fiance is also wanting a small tank of something. We will definitely be going to Brie when that happens!

Haha story of my life! Especially sucks when the english teacher assigns HW :censor:

yeah, except its my math teacher who loads on homework! im actually in a private school grades 1-12 and i am in a high school math class even though im in 8th grade cause im really good at it.(being skilled at math doesnt mean i like it!) oh, yeah, im in computer class at the moment so id beter finnish posting before the teacher sees! she will be pissed cuz im :offtopic:

Well, not a REALY advanced high school math class, just algerbra 1. i probably could have learned it in middle school(remember, just cuz im good at math doesnt mean i enjoy it)

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

oh, wait, i am in middle school

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

DUUHHHHH

I took algebra 1 in middle school.

Anyways, hows the tank coming along, Rattler?

i went to the LFS (local fish store, not long fibered sphagnum, just so you know. i sometimes read threads on the Nano-Reef.com forums, but i dont have an account. my brother is the family reefer, not me. i would love to have a tank, but dont have the money for one, all my $ goes to buying plants off the web) and some of the tanks/supplies were empty/gone because their in the process of moving to a new building, but most of the fish for sale tanks were still there. my favorit part of goin there, is their giant display tank, wich had unfortunately, had been taken down. they did however, still have a few nanoreef displays going, and a not-so-nano soft coral tank. my brother wanted to go there to buy some freeze dried krill, and some dry rock, but i spent most of my time staring at that soft coral tank. i think it was about 75-95 gallons, mabey even 100. oh, yeah, it also had a giant clam! i think those are called Triadancids, or something like that. probably misspelled it... oh, yeah, and:blahblah9xm:AND:blahblah9xm::blahblah9xm:...:blahblah9xm:
:blahblah9xm::blahblah9xm::blahblah9xm::blahblah9xm::blahblah9xm::blahblah9xm:

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

yeah... that post was to long, wasnt it?

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

heli lover:

well mabey its not really a high school class, but the teacher is a high school teacher, and there are some high school students in the class, so i am taking it in middle school to(im in 8th grade, just to be clear about that)

Well those highschoolers must have failed algebra then. :lol: My chem teacher is also a college professor, does that mean im in college? :scratch:

im just teasing ya :p

Back