Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Pic of the Day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    now that's weird. cuz i can see hers.... O.o?
    Is it cool? I wanna see..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mass: it's very similar to yours in the sense of contrast/brightness balance. however, hers is more blue/cyan dominant whereas yours is yellow dominant.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok there, fixed it.. whatever was wrong with it..

I would say mine is nothing like travis' photo.. His is way overexposed IMO, and oversaturated in the green/magenta end.. While mine is underexposed still, and more towards the cyan/blue end(as you stated)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: do you folks all calibrate your screens for photo correction work? If so, what utility do you use? I use Adobe's built in color calibration tool that comes with CS, and I redo it twice a year to compensate for screen aging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Question: do you folks all calibrate your screens for photo correction work? If so, what utility do you use? I use Adobe's built in color calibration tool that comes with CS, and I redo it twice a year to compensate for screen aging.
    Paul, I've used Spyders for years.. Currently am using this model...

http://www.amazon.com/Datacolor-DC-S.../dp/B00372561Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I smell a debate! (or not...)

My opinions:

Brie's is the most photorealistic (which makes sense since that's what she was aiming for), Jon's is the most artistic (No idea if that was your intention, but that's how I feel about it. Looks almost antiqued.), mass's is the most vibrant (which seems to be his style - nothing particularly wrong with that).

I wouldn't say mass's version is overexposed at all. It's very saturated which makes it look very bright, but nothing is blown out or even close to being blown out. And high saturation seems to be what mass likes, so I think he pulled it off well.

Personally, I'm also a photorealism person. True exposure and, more importantly, true color are what I look for in a "wow" picture. I think both can be extremely difficult to achieve, however, given the circumstances. >.>

EDIT: I want a Sypder soo bad, but I think it'd be a waste of money on my laptop's screen. I need to buy a monitor that I use for image processing and get a Spyder for that.

EDITEDIT: I should note that it's a great picture to begin with, Devon. XD That's a lotta prolifera. ;p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I didnt mean there was anything WRONG with travis' photo.. That is indeed his style.. I was just giving my opinion as well.. If say, I took that photo.. I wouldnt use it or upload it, because to me, that's an unusably overexposed photo. lol. But like I said, I tend to aim for dark, contrasty images, which is prolly obvious..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dec. 28, 2011 Pinguicula 'Aphrodite'
    Last edited by kulamauiman; 12-28-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: removed sensor dust...