What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of the Day

Lovely plant! Too bad the sundews don't do well for you, there's a lot that are absolutely phenomenal.

Great shot and great plant, too. :-D

Here's one from this morning. The hover fly is a little under exposed, but I like it still.
7273872136_84dbe31561_b.jpg

For some reason love how this turned out
ca0631c6.jpg

And following hard on the heels of Sir K's beautiful leucophyllas, some seed grown mischief:
dsc0505.jpg

Lol those are some of Jerry Addingtons leucos, I just took the pic @_@

Nice arrangement of white tops! Just HOW many plants are there in that pic? :D

In early August of 2011 I bought a plant of Nepenthes Justice, a Leilani hybrid of N. ventricosa X N. Eclipse (A ramispina hybrid). It was a wee thing in a 4" pot, with two tiny pitchers. Well, here is that plant photographed almost a year later, making a much more dramatic statement:
justice-plant.jpg

Its a beautiful hybrid, and the pitchers last up to 10 months!

Detail shot:
20120623-081950.jpg

Last edited:
So dark! The deeply colored stem on that thing just makes it look even better.

Wow, Paul... Just, wow - that is a beautiful plant!!!

That's beautiful! You should enter the plant photo in plant of the month. :hail:

Messy balcony as usual ! Can never keep it tidy...

genelx.jpg

special edward, he got big gums..

IMG_2425.jpg

Lol.

Here is one from today that I like. I took it outside with a very fast shutter speed and high aperture, and the pic turned out with a nice black background because of the shutter speed, the bright light on the leaves, and the shadows in the background. I played with the contrast and brightness a little bit on Photoshop. Its also cropped.

7597841508_8f5d649d65_c.jpg

little ducklings,

mirandagenel.jpg

Not spectacular pic or plants, but I am happy I finally have a pitchering leucophylla - no matter how small!
7700823826_68be254a28_c.jpg

love it.
I'm actually regaining quite a bit of fondness for leuco white. Can't wait until my Hurricane Creek is ready.

Back