What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of the Day

Awesome pics travis! love the ones of the ants.. and the albo, SO PRETTTYY!

YAY! I desperately seek your photography approval. :hug:

Awesome pics everyone. Just went through all 13 pages. 13 pages of awesomeness.

My comp crashed, so I had to resort to using the old one. Only took me 3 hours to get this one pic up..

N. veitchii K's newest.

IMG_9606.jpg

And more awesomeness from mass. Wow. Botanical masterpieces, these veitchii's. *drool*

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I spose I should add my newest friend, Mr. Hamata:

hamata0222-1.jpg

And more awesomeness from mass. Wow. Botanical masterpieces, these veitchii's. *drool*

pssh.. look who's talking. I'm yet to see something other than a botanical masterpiece from you.

I liked these two the most out of the pics I've taken so far today..

IMG_9617.jpg

IMG_9616.jpg

Wow very nice dude.. Is the second one a stack?

Wow very nice dude.. Is the second one a stack?

Nope.. telephoto from about 4 feet away. Not to bad for not using a tripod huh.

Those two are my favourite from you, Mass... Not including the Schizandra shots.

Here's one from today taken with my new macro lens! No tripod used 9don't have one atm), and no editing.
6589373703_f46ec93870_b.jpg

So dark and ominous..
I know some people hate when I monkey with their pics, but I thought you may like to see my "version" of your photo.

pS.. when are we gonna jam out on some MW3?

6589373703_f46ec93870_b.jpg

Neat! I'm guessing you added more exposure, contrast, and vibrancy? looks good.

I'm working from 4:00 - 8:00, then going to a movie. How about tomorrow at 1:00 pm?

is this a post photo processing party? can i join in? :laaa:
proliferapostprocess.jpg

Annddd here would be my take on that photo... Only so much I can do with this crappy old CS2 on the work puter though. lol. But I tend to prefer a darker photo then most, and like to produce an image that is more closely to what I see with the naked eye..

6589769859_1deb4b18c8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Neat! I'm guessing you added more exposure, contrast, and vibrancy? looks good.

I'm working from 4:00 - 8:00, then going to a movie. How about tomorrow at 1:00 pm?

Works for me..
Just did a quick correct on the contrast and levels, and added a dash of color.

Love it Jon. Looks like wall art to me!

BE.. for some reason your pic isn't showing on my page. :scratch:

now that's weird. cuz i can see hers.... o_O?

Im with mass, can't see it either.

@mass: it's very similar to yours in the sense of contrast/brightness balance. however, hers is more blue/cyan dominant whereas yours is yellow dominant.

ok there, fixed it.. whatever was wrong with it..

I would say mine is nothing like travis' photo.. His is way overexposed IMO, and oversaturated in the green/magenta end.. While mine is underexposed still, and more towards the cyan/blue end(as you stated)

Question: do you folks all calibrate your screens for photo correction work? If so, what utility do you use? I use Adobe's built in color calibration tool that comes with CS, and I redo it twice a year to compensate for screen aging.

Back