What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of the Day

N. Red Leopard. Every new pitcher gets bigger and bigger, which really surprises me. I mean, the new one front and center is approaching the size of a soda can!
20120327-113234.jpg

D. hartmeyerorum. Can finally see the yellow nodes forming.

IMG_1386.jpg

Whimgrinder - that 'Red Leopard' is very nice. The pitchers look stout.

Mass - nice to see a photo of D. hartmeyerorum. I've only seen tight details. The red main stem and the green petioles are cool-looking.

killing time before a meeting.....Here is one of my N. northiana's starting to put out more noticeable pitcher characteristics.

Nnorthiana.jpg

Very pretty northiana, smitty!

Here, the Sarracenia are sending up dozens of bloom stalks. Can't wait!
20120401-181426.jpg

Very nice you two.
Ogre.. can you give me a run down on your northiana's conditions if you'd be so kind. Mine wouldn't do ANYTHING until I removed the LFS from it's pot.

I grow northiana in constant 85% + humidity. Temps during the day are around 80. night time temps 70. Diffused light from the 8 bulb t5ho.

I have them growing top dressed in live sphag and without. Have learned that any sudden change in it's conditions and it will pout about it. Not forgiving in this aspect at all.
I anticipate faster growth as the warmer weather will allow me to gradually increase my daytime temps a few more degrees. For feeding, they are getting fed weekly with fruit flies.

Hope that helps ya!

That it does buddy.

Nice little N. northiana!

N. Whisper., photographed this afternoon.
whisper-5.jpg

H. ionasii
(possible hybrid?)

taken today
IMG_3204.JPG

Av

That poor heli looks like it has sunburn Butch... I think you oughta turn down them nuclear reactors some :cool:

That poor heli looks like it has sunburn Butch... I think you oughta turn down them nuclear reactors some :cool:

I noes..... me order some heli sunblock spf50 tomorrow

;)

Looks great! You and your magical box of Heliamphora...

D. capensis "Baines Kloof" finally recovering from thrips.

DSCN7075.jpg

Gorgeous Paul. Love it..

D. burmannii "Piliga red"

3685652_orig.jpg

filiformis.net huh? Good looking site DB. Even better looking photography. :hail:

filiformis.net huh? Good looking site DB. Even better looking photography. :hail:

Thanks dewd!

@MOnkey: Love that shot. I'm looking forward to more from you. :-O

Back