What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of the Day

Not a contest..
For those of you that rely on (your own) photography to get you by, this is the place to post your favorite pic of the day. I know I take random pics almost daily, and there's always that one pic in particular that stands out among the others. If you've got that one favorite pic.. post it here.

today it has to be the infamous D. schizandra shot ~11/16/11~

IMG_8684.jpg

Last edited:
great idae

Hopefully it catches on. We've got some amazing photographers on here.
I agree - anything to get people to share cool images is an excellent idea. Congrats! :hail:

Thanks Ron. Did you see the ascendens update in my GH thread today? THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
Kinda hoping to see at least one more pic in here today. :lol:

That's a GREAT shot trav, best i've seen from you yet. :love:

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

mine for the day.. D. venusta Focus stack image.. Click for high res image.

6342009556_4b43ba378f_o.jpg

Ah dang my camera ran out of batteries...

That's sick BE! It's like.. in focus FOREVER!

I think this was my favorite from today:

Click for full-size.

(Also focus stacked)

Amazing pic. I've gotta read up on the stacking. Just love how it's all in focus.

Thanks, mass. It's actually super simple. If you've got Photoshop, that's the way I'd recommend to do it (so far, at least), and it's like a 3-click process. Or you can use CombineZP, which is free, albeit with one or two extra clicks, lol.

The older version, ComebineZM is even more simple than ZP and works just as well IME.

I now use Helicon since it is Mac compatible but isn't free. You can do a 30 day trial though.

Love all three. I like that focus stacking thing you did there Brie, it's nice to see the entire plant in focus.

I seriously thought I was the only person who spends a TON of time a day photographing my plants.

Good to know I'm not completely crazy.

I'd post a picture, but my camera has nowhere near the capabilities those picture showcase.

Amazing shots you guys.

How about this taken at about 0645 11/17/2011
DSC_05930001.jpg

I'd post a picture, but my camera has nowhere near the capabilities those picture showcase.
Nonsense! I'm sure we'll all post pictures we're less than proud of, that doesn't mean anything. Like mass said, it's not a competition, it's just about taking pictures and sharing your favorite one. And if you take pictures every day, you're the perfect candidate.

PIX! :D

I call this one.. "Regia Rose". Note the dew on the upper left hand end. Looks like a little rose inside each one to me.

IMG_8716.jpg

Last edited:
Can't stop staring at it..

Totally agree, it's a rose. Cool picture. Woulda been a fantastic candidate for stacking. GET TO YOUR READING! ;)

Can't wait to get my extension tubes so I can get my extreme macro goin' on.

lens extension adapter or lens extension ring? I've got some extra 52mm to 52mm rings here. Think I've got a 52mm to 58mm around here somewhere too. Speaking of which, I could use that one. Wonder what I did with it. :scratch:

Back