Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: the eye is the sky was wrong lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't trust gooberment as far as I can throw them. You give them an inch and they will use everything they have to take a mile. I dont believe a meth LAN in the area is even enough for a probably cause. I would have a lawsuit on their behind as fast as I can find a lawyer. I'm sure there are several layers ready to takeup a discrimination suit or denial of rights suit against a corrupt gooberment system. Everyday the government tries to circumvent the constitution and take away liberties. They are not looking out for the people anymore.

Bad thing is people are so far gone they call me a conspiracy theorist when I worry about onstar tracking movement and listening to conversations in your car without you knowing. Or tracking you with your cell and debit card transitions.

I always get it told to me "well I have nothing to hid". Neither do I but it is the principal of it all. They systematically take lil bits of freedom away till one day you have none. Then they look at you with a straight face and say it was ok to do this that or the other so it is ok for this.

I want you to keep in mind vampires can be all sweet and nice but as soon as you invite them in you're toast. I'm not inviting the tearany in.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit that I do keep expecting the DEA or other law enforcement to knock on my door one day. My spare bedroom is also my 'critter' room as well as part of my orchid growing area. As such, I have 4 two lamp shoplights lighting my plant stand 7 days a week about 10-12 hrs per day. I know some folks have got to be wondering ......

"Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about this the other day actually

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last semester there were at least three separate occasions where I returned home and a cop was parked outside my house or was conveniently leaving the area. I always forget to close my blinds and you can see into my room from the street so I'm tempted to think that all the T5 fixtures caught their eyes LOL.
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jpappy. Setup a camera to catch them. You will have a case then. Peeping Toms they are.

Dang ne'er as bad as congress being exempt from insider trading laws. Gets my BP up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's horrible! I guess it had a happy ending - so long as it's not a setup to turn you in for selling exotic animals without a tax number or something... You never can trust cops one iota.

I understood it was illegal for them to use the heat-sensing technology unless there was probable cause, i.e. some informant fingered you. I had heard it was illegal for them to just cruise the neighborhood heat scanning houses cos they're bored. To me it's the same as going around and peeking in people's windows...

With a dozen T5HOs and a intake fan for the HL Neps in the window I haven't had that happen yet in 10 years of terrarium keeping. Even with all the power I use, especially in summer with the ACs going that disk on my meter spins like a 78 speed record and my one window lights up the forest behind the house like a football stadium til about 2 am.

I definitely wouldn't invite them in though, make them go wake up a judge and go through the leg work if they wanna invade my privacy. After they see there's no dope growing they would then get a verbal battering from me as I chase them out of my house. I would only hope I didn't go too ballistic and get myself arrested. I'm good at that when I get really riled up. It takes a lot but when I finally loose my cool - I really loose it... People tell me later of the things I've said and done in confrontations and I don't remember that stuff at all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had some suspicion about the lights in my living room. They're usually surprised when I get excited telling them about the pitcher plants, then uncomfortable when I keep on talking about them. If they're going to ask about them or to see them, I'm going to give them a thorough tour. It usually ends up wasting their time.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you don’t like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first story is great! That's taking advantage of the situation!

If I had more plants, and the cops asked to be let in... I'd gladly do it, talking about my plants all the way. It would be fun either to get them interested or to make them uncomfortable and not sure how to leave... XD
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast