Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the eye is the sky was wrong lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the eye is the sky was wrong lol

so last night around 1130 we received a knock at the door and to state troopers where outside my house. They said that their helicopter has been picking up significant heat sources from my house and they would like to come in. Explaining that i keep reptiles and have grow light for exotic plants they were still pushing the subject of coming inside. After showing them my collection of reptiles and exotic plants they apologized for the inconvenience and hheaded for the door. Thats when something unexpected happened. one of the officers asked if i was selling any of my ball pythons because his son wanted one for christmas. I told him yes and began my sales pitch lol... Around 1245 the deal was selled and i managed to sell him a small male normal het albino with a cage, lights and accessories not to mention i threw in 2 mice for free and a small plastic container for them. Never though i would ever have the police at my door for my hobby and was blown away when i managed to sell them one. He picks it up the day before christmas. btw they were both very well tempered and didnt hassel me about any of the exotics i owned. felt very lucky

has anything like this happened to anyone else? Ive heard stories and always believed them to be false but after last night i now know its very possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That officer knew what he was doing. The whole: "There is significant heat sources in the house" and all was to soften you up for the good (for him) python deal. He knew what you had from the get go

JK

Interesting story though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, I don't remember any interesting stories I have. I guess it proves authority is also human, would you jump in on that deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha right yeh i do live in a kinda small town so maybe they did really know what was up but ive never seen them before so id have to imagine that they though i was growing or making a meth lab since meth lab bust have been huge around here lately.... and yeh ive always knew the man was really just human but my past experiences with him was always rude and jumping to conclusions. never expected that i would be able to sell one in a supposed police investigation. lol and what deal are you talking about selling him a snake... hahaha i did last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats hilarious!! I know they do search with infared cameras like that.. cracks me up you were able to sell one of them a snake. lol..

Craziest "cop in my house" story I have is from a long time ago.. I was maybe 13, little sister 10... My mom worked swing shifts so was dead asleep during the day that day... I hear weird scraping/thud sounds on our roof... I walk towards the front door, where there's a sky light.. I stand under it, looking up.. just in time to see a cop with a sniper rifle and SWAT across his chest crawl across our skylight... He glanced down right at me and kept crawling.. A few seconds later, theres a knock on our front door.. as i'm about to open the door(it was dead bolted), whoever was on the other side starts to try and shoulder in our heavy *** oak door. I manage to get it open and BAM, there's like 10 swat team guys in our yard, cop cars everywhere, and im like "uhhhhh... what?" The cop looks all paniced and asks me why the hell I was still there.. I was like "umm.. I live here?" lol.. So he asks me where my parents were, I tell him my mom is asleep and told my sister to go wake her up... my sister finally manages to get my mom out of bed, because she apparently didnt believe her that there were cops at the door. lol. The cop tells us we need to get the eff out of the house right now, and asked if they can come through our house to the back yard... My mom tells them sure, just don't shoot our birds if they start to scream lol.. (My mom was a bird breeder for yeeaaarrss.. big house full of macaws, cockatoos, amazons, etc). So we were evacuated and told not to come home for 24 hours... took our dogs, cats, and took off... We later saw our house on the news.. Apparently our neighbor shot his wife and was holding her hostage, and using his big *** rottweiler(who I hated, it always tried to attack our dogs through the wooden fence) against the cops.. Cops ended up having to shoot it, and the guy, and saved the wife. PRETTY DAMN EFFED UP! lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow thats nuts hahaha idk what id think if i saw a sniper crawling acrost my roof. i guess it goes to show you, you will never know who your neighbors really are. thats pretty cool your mom bred birds. couldnt imagine how much room youd need inorder to breed macaws

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have asked him to get a warrant and made him do the hard road. They may have been nice about it but it leads to more harassment later. I'm funny like that. They are already spying with the infra red cameras. They listen to our cell calls. They have microphones in the streetlights. Our liberties are going out the door and we are being presumed guilty.

I would have made him get a court ordered warrant and then laughed at them for wasting their time and my tax money.

It is awesome you made a sale out of it. That is a silver lining.

Just not keen on the government thinking they can do as they please. Even if they are nice. Hitler was nice in the beginning too. Infect some people ASKED and voted him into power. Plus the pedophile seems to be nice at first too.

Sorry I'm not into big brother government.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm with JB on this one.

They probably would have hard a time showing probable cause for getting search warrant in the first place on just what their IR scanner was showing. Although meth labs in the area might have facilitated getting a warrant. Still cold weather is upon us and people do heat their dwelling places. With fuel and energy prices as they are people are turning to "unusual" sources of heating.

I hope there are no local ordinances against owning or selling these snakes or any other "exotic" pets. Could be a set up for a sting.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast