What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which kind(s) of cp do YOU hate?

Only plant I've bought from them was a miranda that was in pristine condition. Their orchids and other plants look great, they just receive their cps from one of the crappier wholesalers.

Speak for yourselves. My local nursery get's 90% of their CP's from me, and they are question asking FREAKS! We'll sit and chat CP's for hours before I even start potting things up. But that also helps.. I pot all the CP's for them. :blush:

It would make a huge difference if they had better media.

That's the thing you caught me on. They give me the crappy Canadian peat (no offense to our TF Canandians) rather than the awesome pure Michigan peat they sell to me.

I was told to come in here and contribute, so I guess I'll just toss this one out there...

I'm not a big fan of dewy pines.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Also, I hate all of the other CPs as well.

I was told to come in here and contribute, so I guess I'll just toss this one out there...

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Welcome back?

I lol'd a bit..

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

That's the thing you caught me on. They give me the crappy Canadian peat (no offense to our TF Canandians) rather than the awesome pure Michigan peat they sell to me.

the peat that I use is great! And Canadian! :-O

I dislike those that die even after meticulous pampering. ;)
Also, seems there isn't much hate towards Proboscidea/Ibicella, whatever happened to that? The smell is awful, and I'm not even sure if it's still considered protocarnivorous...

Anthocyanin-free plants. So boring...

Didn't think I had a problem with any of them, until someone brought it up...GIBBA! Coming from the planted aquarium side is probably why. Once you got it, you had it! So annoying, what a mess. I will admit though...first time I saw it, I was intrigued.

Tim

lol what is GIBBA?

It's a Utricularia I think. One of those smaller plants - you could go on cpphotofinder to find out and go click around things like Utricularia and Genlisea to look at pics of the smaller stuff.

U. gibba is indeed an aquatic utricularia. I can see how it can be a nuisance to aquarium folk. Stuff spreads like wild fire!

Yeah I made the mistake of putting some in my shrimp setup...sorry java moss!

Carnivore list:
These are not in order from favorite to least. They are just in the order that I thought of them.
Flytraps: Cool-looking and exciting! Chomp!
Sarracenia: Cool patterns and shapes!
Nepenthes: What could look more carnivorous?
Heliamphora: Very fancy-looking!
Aldrovanda: Neat waterwheels!
Pinguicula: Pretty rosettes and flowers!
Drosera: Gooey globules and fancy flower stalks!
Drosophyllum: Cool unfurling leaves!
Darlingtonia: Neat shapes!

DISLIKES
Again, just in the order I came up with them.
Cephalotus: A bit on the small side...
Genislea & Utricularia: Nothing of interest to look at other than flowers.

That pretty much covers it. I don't really HATE many carnivores; after all, each of them has its good and bad qualities.

I hate the kind that die without my permission..

Lol yeah I have U. gibba in a mini shrimp planted tank. It's taking over for sure! I don't mind though, I'll trade it off soon enough.

I HATE u.subulata! I dont know how this plant came into my home, but a have yellow flowers everywhere in my collection.

And i dislike drosera binata. Look like jimi hendrix hair.

Back