What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which kind(s) of cp do YOU hate?

mato

BANNED
Yes, you read it. As the question posed in the title asks: What species of carnivorous plant do you, personally, hate? Don't worry, most of us here at TerraForums believe in allowing others to voice their opinions. So, if you hate something, tell us! We want to know! :nono:

I'll go first:

D. multifida

Why? Because it looks like a weed!

:lol: Matt you funny guy. My least favorite nep is alata, my least favorite dew is capensis.

All pitchers that aren't Sarracenias.

I hate most sarrs, but I love purps. I also don't like the majority of pings.

Edit: Oh, and utrics. No visible carnivory? forget it!

Hate? Strong word. :scratch: Lets see...um... well...no...um...maybe...Oh heck, I love them all! Least favorite would probably be anything that needs to be grown in a terrarium, but only because I don't have or care to hassel with such, so not really answering the question. I don't want to play anymore :jester:

I guess I don't have any I hate . . . hate is such a strong word :p. I like them all :)

So much for the forum rules:

"Make your posts of a contributory nature; don’t waste forum space (for example, don’t post 10 smileys and nothing else)."

I don't hate any CPs, but there are some genera that I really have no desire to grow:

Nepenthes - Sorry, but any plant that needs to be pampered just to survive doesn't interest me at all. They look cool though.

Utricularia - As mentioned previously by Sig, no visible carnivory.

Genlisea - See Utricularia.

Heliamphora - Falls into the Nepenthes category... Cool looking but doesn't tolerate high temperatures and low humidity (hence would require pampering).

Pygmy Drosera - These are just really boring to me. I don't know why.

Pinguicula - I do think these are cool, but not cool enough for me to actually buy one. I like looking at them at nurseries though. I could see myself maybe growing P. macroceras at some point because it's a California native.

I think that's about it. I guess I just like the CPs that can grow outside on my deck year-round with little care (Sarracenia, Dionaea, Darlingtonia, Drosophyllum, some Drosera).

So much for the forum rules:

"Make your posts of a contributory nature; don’t waste forum space (for example, don’t post 10 smileys and nothing else)."

I think that was a waste of space. When a lot of people comment on something it adds up. Everything they said contributed by acknowledging previous posts (I don't see 10 smilies). Oh yeah, I also forgot that this was in the General Discussions section. Seems pretty general to me.

Hm, dare I say it, but I would have to say Heliamphora.
Now if you'll excuse me I need to go dig my grave. :-))

Hm, dare I say it, but I would have to say Heliamphora.
Now if you'll excuse me I need to go dig my grave. :-))

No way, Eric. It's all about personal preference. Hate what you will! Remember, this is a "forum," which means an exchange of ideas. No one is wrong in the subjective realm.

You guys, Nan does have a point. I am neutral on this.

Guys, I just removed a whole bunch of posts. Among other things, please remember that this is an all-ages forum and to keep the conversation G-rated.

Sorry, Em. Thanks for the heads-up!

I've never hated any CP's, but I usually don't like I CP when I can't grow it well. But I admit, I'm not a huge fan of Genlisea and utrics. I mostly like them for their flowers, but they're almost pointless to grow if you want to see the carnivores they are. :p Unless the traps are poking out of the bottom of the pots...

That's just my opinion. :)

...In Soviet Russia, CPs hate you!

For plants my least favorite is a tie between pings and Terrestrial Utrics, I just dont care for the look of the plant but when they are in flower pings are awsome and I really like the look of the aquatic Utrics when they are an adult aquatic plant and flower. I also argee with Eric N I am not a big fan of Heliamphora, they just dont have the flare that Sarracenia have. Sorry no hate just dislike for me.

I'd have to say my least favorite CP would have to be heliamphora due to their finicky environmental needs and at least in my opinion, fairly plain pitchers.

I guess I'd have to say
Heliamphora, I think they're beautiful and prolly the nicest cp but I can't grow em so they make me mad

Back