User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 53

Thread: Which kind(s) of cp do you OBSESS over?

  1. #25
    Sphagnum Guru Wire Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,990
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is easier to word than ones I don't like!

    I love terrestrial Utrics, there's something about their growth habit, variety, and various display possibilities that fascinates me. I also like anything with unusual color, whether it's in the flowers or foliage. I'll be easier to phrase this through categories....

    -Drosera: I like the pygmies, especially the orange flowered ones, tuberous, and oddly shaped ones a lot. They're fun to photograph with back lighting.

    -Nepenthes: Lowlanders and highlanders. I like the dark ones with bright interiors or odd features. I'm very partial to the ones with screaming reds, thick peristomes, odd shapes, and smaller sizes (I do like the giants too). I doesn't matter if they're bulky, fat behemoths, or pencil thin to me. The more variable the species the better for me.

    -Dionaea: I'm not partial to the ones that can't trap food, but I love the color variants, like Maroon Monster. They grow very well for me, so that's a plus.

    -Sarracenia: I prefer pure species, but the more unique hybrids make me drool. They're native to my area and easy to grow as well. They also add some curiosity to the front yard, too. Big or little, doesn't matter here. I like creating hybrids as well, I have a nice one in mind for the spring.

    -Utricularia: Already expressed my feelings towards these, and I can't wait to expand my collection.

    -Cephalotus: I need to grow these, they're too cool looking.

    -Darlingtonia: Too much work to grow where I live, but I like the way they look, and they're worthy of a sculpture.

    -Heliamphora: Not my favorites since it's hard for me to tell them apart (I can't see green), but the dark colors and hairy of H. pulcella are awesome!

    -Pinguicula: I killed my primulifloria, but I like the looks of some of the Mexican species. Their succulent growth interests me as well, I just have no clue how to grow them.

    Personally, I like keeping a variety of plants. That way one one group goes dormant another one wakes up or hits full stride. Something is always going on this way, and the collection is always interesting.
    Last edited by Wire Man; 11-27-2011 at 02:46 PM.

  2. #26
    mass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    Anything Aussie!
    Well said Jimmy. I'm with you on that one.

  3. #27
    Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite cp's are venus flytraps and drosera regia.. I like all venus flytraps INCLUDING the ones thatstay small like petite dragon, and my favorites of all are the mutated ones like Wacky Traps Korean Melody Shark, and the sharp toothed ones.

    I also like big curling drosera which at this point is mainly regia..

  4. #28
    LeafKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
    my favorite cp's are venus flytraps and drosera regia.. I like all venus flytraps including the ones thatstay small like petite dragon, and my favorites of all are the mutated ones like wacky traps korean melody shark, and the sharp toothed ones.

    I also like big curling drosera which at this point is mainly regia..

    i knew it.

  5. #29
    Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    -Dionaea: I'm not partial to the ones that can't trap food, but I love the color variants, like Maroon Monster. They grow very well for me, so that's a plus.
    I like the mutants even more than the color variants, but the main thing I DONT like about the colored ones is that there are so many that are almost identical with different names. MOst red ones are the same looking and can't be I.D.'d by sight which defeats the purpose for me as opposed to lets say dente or wacky traps which you can spot anywhere.

  6. #30
    CreatureTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird shaped and dark Neps are my muse.. although I'm definately starting to lean towards toothy ones.

  7. #31
    Sphagnum Guru Wire Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,990
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    I like the mutants even more than the color variants, but the main thing I DONT like about the colored ones is that there are so many that are almost identical with different names. MOst red ones are the same looking and can't be I.D.'d by sight which defeats the purpose for me as opposed to lets say dente or wacky traps which you can spot anywhere.
    There are a lot that look very similar, which is even more confusing when you're color deficient. I only go for the ones that are easy to tell apart. Shape does help. I do have to admit, "Alien" looks awesome! That's one mutant I would buy. I have a typical that I guess could be considered a mutant. It has 7 sensory hairs per lobe and anything that touches the traps rarely escapes.

  8. #32
    Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    There are a lot that look very similar, which is even more confusing when you're color deficient. I only go for the ones that are easy to tell apart. Shape does help. I do have to admit, "Alien" looks awesome! That's one mutant I would buy. I have a typical that I guess could be considered a mutant. It has 7 sensory hairs per lobe and anything that touches the traps rarely escapes.

    Thats true as well for some of the shape variants liek jaws, big jaws, sharks teeth, dente... I dont think they each need their own name necessarily. Alien is prety cool. Im gonna try to get one this spring with some other mutants as well.. right now all of mine are in the firdge though

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •