What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which kind(s) of cp do you OBSESS over?

Let's change the pace and go the other direction. I think Mat and I have endured enough negative negativity for one day.

Mine obsessions are pretty obvious I think.. stripey, large peristomed neps. And all of the Cephalotus family. :drool:
I like the fact that as long as the peristome is large and stripey, I drool over it. Leaves room for plenty of the hybrids out there.
And Cephalotus is in a class all of it's own. There is NOTHING else like it out there. So unique..

Last edited:
Helis and Ceph's for me... can't get enough.

your fault / my fault

because of all the wonderful photo's Y'all take....it is your fault
because of my atttraction to the unusual......it is my fault
that I have become smitten by the Utric's.
I have only been in this hobby for less than one year, and I am now gaining enough confidence to look for the more rare species.
TF is way cool:hail:

I love that you said utrics. They needed someone in their defense.

pS.. you've got email mail. ;)

Helis and neps. :awesome:

I wish you had mail......:censor:

Droseras from South Africa and P.Cyclosecta.

I dream of South American Drosera...

I prefer shape over color. So I really like the tubbiest ventricosa and glabrata, but don't care for eddies because they're long and skinny.

I also love mass clumps of cps in general: Vfts, purps, cephs, and dews, bajillion of them packed into a little pot. an impenetrable fortress of DEATH. :mwahaha:

darlingtonia- cuz its cool looking
cephs- also cool looking, but i dont have any so in that sense i kinda hate them

I love all Drosera and Drosera-like plants. I also like flytraps a lot. And Sarracenia. I would collect neps, but I can't grow them well.... And heliamphora. :p

^^you like everything but cephs?

One of the things I have noticed through the years is that my interests in different types of CPs is like a sine wave.

I'm stealing Ron's quote from the dislikes and using it here. Because I have noticed this same thing in my 2 years. My lust for the different groups comes in waves. In my beginning it was everything.. Then I went through an obsession phase with utrics. Which then moved to neps. After nearly completing my nep collection it moved to cephs. Which again has reached a point of not being able to move forward any. I ran out of obtainable wants..
Now.. it is droseras that hold my obsession. I have noticed my drosera grow list has out stretched all of my other sections. Which is funny because my want list is still being dominated by droseras.
That's why I love this hobby so much. Doesn't matter how much you obtain, there's always something else out there to want and obsess over.

I have to agree with mass, I started wanting every cp under the sun but have grown to love certain groups more than others.

i love my d regia and mt broadleave

Cephs and sarracenia for me:).

Good idea, Travis. Needed a yang to complete my yin.

Neps are my real obsession in this hobby, but cephs, pings, and drosera are all close behind. I haven't given sarracenia, helis, or utrics much thought, really, but that doesn't mean there won't be a day where I only grow them. I simply know little about them relative to the other plants. If I can ever get a house with a yard, I'm sure things will change relative to what I could then grow.

Last edited:
OMG Mat.. I can't believe you said that. Last night when I was thinking of starting this thread.. "yin yang" went through my head. Amazing you chose those exact words.

Cephs, Helis, and teethy Neps

Back