What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone getting ready for the NASC auction?

I decided I'm going to start taking cuttings so I will have plants to auction off when the time comes. Is anyone else planning this far ahead? :p

I'm hoping to be able to auction the following:

D. anglica "Ca x Ha"
D. venusta "albino"
D. spatulata var. bakoensis
D. intermedia "tropical"
D. sp. "Lantua Island"
D. capensis "alba" x aliciae
D. spatulata "Mobara" ( I have the full location but I'm too lazy to type it in right now...)

What will you auction off? :-D

I should have a few Mexican Pinguicula to put in!

I will see if I can throw in a heli.

Mexican Pinguicula pullings. D. graomogolensis, D. regia cuttings. May be a pot of D. trinervia. Whatever else needs dividing and repotting in the spring.

Hmm... even my pygmy dews have aphids so I don't feel like I should be auctioning anything planty this upcoming year. Maybe I'll try non-plant things? ???

I may have some D. oblanceolata...

@Devon: Bakoensis? Really? :0o:... I know what I am bidding on...

few prime helis

Very likely:
H. sarracenioides
H. pulchella
H. 'Tequila' (uncommon clone)

Quite possibly:
H. parva
H. ceracea

but dunno fo sure

Oh if you put parva and ceracea im gonna be on those like zuzu to chocolate :p

D. paradoxa, D. falconeri . Assorted Utricularia Genlisea....

other dews....

Last edited:
Awesomes to see that so many peeps will have so many plants. :-O I wish there were more Canadian bidders...

@Peatmoss: Haha. :-D

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Hmm... even my pygmy dews have aphids so I don't feel like I should be auctioning anything planty this upcoming year. Maybe I'll try non-plant things? ???

Aww, that sucks. Pests are annoying as heck...

Hmm, I should have one or two P. reticulata, a couple P. "Pirouette"s, maybe some other pings and dews I could offer.

Heli's & macro utrics ...

Very likely:
H. pulchella - 1-3 locations
H. heterodoxa
U. quelchii
U. humboldtii

Quite possibly:
H. huberi
H. uncinata
U. 'Jitka'

but dunno fo sure
Ditto.

Also - will consider requests. If there is interest & I have time to propagate ..... ???

quelchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

D. paradoxa, D. falconeri . Assorted Utricularia Genlisea....

other dews....

I'll be looking for those utrics and Genlisia...:-O

I should have some nice sized pots of U. Nelumbifolia ready by then, possibly other Utrics as well.
BTW thanks for this reminder!:boogie:

Last edited:
D. schizandra nearly ready.

Heli's & macro utrics ...

Very likely:
H. pulchella - 1-3 locations
H. heterodoxa
U. quelchii
U. humboldtii

Quite possibly:
H. huberi
H. uncinata
U. 'Jitka'

Ditto.

Also - will consider requests. If there is interest & I have time to propagate ..... ???
Now I'm drooling here.
The plants I got from you last year were fantastic and are doing quite well. Thanks!

Maybe I'll try non-plant things? ???

Definitely! I love the CP box that Ozzy fowarded to me from you. I use it often.
Try something craft-y with a CP theme

Definitely! I love the CP box that Ozzy fowarded to me from you. I use it often.
Try something craft-y with a CP theme

Aww yay! Is the paint still OK and stuff? Maybe I'll paint up some of the other boxes I've still got lying around... :awesome: I think I might draw up some shirts too. I got a couple 100% heavy weight cotton ones a while back that I've been thinking about putting some CP stuff on, but I haven't figured out *exactly* what yet.

Yep, paint's still fine. Never got around to felting the interior though.
How would you do the shirts? Iron-on? fabric paint? stencils? Screenprints can be expensive...

Going onto Etsy & Ebay and searching "Carnivorous Plants" and "Venus Flytraps" in particular is a great way to get ideas for possible projects.

I'll have D. x watari, 2 cuttings from the plant i got in last years auction and maybe D. affinis

Back