Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first plants are here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the place. Almost every N. alata that I've seen for sale turns out to be ventrata. I've actually encountered plants labeled as N. alata in grocery stores that were N. ventrata. I wouldn't worry, though, N. x ventrata has been the one of the easiest and nicest looking neps that I've grown.
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=127701
    "N. jacq is the Lady GaGa of toilet bowl neps... it causes so much controversy" ~Exo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxoftherose View Post
    That's the place. Almost every N. alata that I've seen for sale turns out to be ventrata. I've actually encountered plants labeled as N. alata in grocery stores that were N. ventrata. I wouldn't worry, though, N. x ventrata has been the one of the easiest and nicest looking neps that I've grown.
    Ya, I'm not to worried... I'm sure it will be a nice plant either way lol. Thanks for the heads up!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Nice TJ! Dont fall to far though, before you know it your gonna run out of room in a couple months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Heli, Yeah I can see that happining lol

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great beginners plants. Although I do have to say, why the are you growing them in some sort of enclosure?!?!?! All of those plants will thrive on a windowsill or in a low humidity environment. Especially where you got them from, they are all ready to go! Take them out of the terrarium!!! Trust me, with those guys you will be much more successful in normal household conditions. People don't give Nepenthes the credit they deserve, they can be very resilient!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyJones View Post
    Great beginners plants. Although I do have to say, why the are you growing them in some sort of enclosure?!?!?! All of those plants will thrive on a windowsill or in a low humidity environment. Especially where you got them from, they are all ready to go! Take them out of the terrarium!!! Trust me, with those guys you will be much more successful in normal household conditions. People don't give Nepenthes the credit they deserve, they can be very resilient!
    The enclosure is temperary... Untill I can build a plant rack too keep them on. My house has only the one usable window... and there is really no "sill" to set them on, so thats why the enclosure.

Plus I love tinkering with enclosures like this and controlling the enviroment... (must be some kind of complex) lol But seriously though I understand that they are all hardy plants ( the reason I picked them) Thanks for the input though... I always appreciate others opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plants, congrats! =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Quinn I appreciate it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast