What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rainbow rose?

just want to know if anyone has grown this new rainbow rose plant.

i just got some seed and i just dont see how its possible..

any info would be great. like do they really grow rainbow colors on there own or do i have to inject DIY to the stem myself.. as this is how it is done.

thanks

Probably you have to give it colored water.

If you mean these
These are naturally grown white roses that receive a special treatment the same day that they are cut
They might just be airbrushed

have you ever seen one or know of someone who grows/grew them?

wow thank you for the links i think im going to try this!!!

a little pissed that the ebay seller told me they grow naturally like this... haha

once again thanks to all!

report the scammer then.

a little pissed that the ebay seller told me they grow naturally like this... haha

If the color went through the stem, the flower is colored naturally.

If the color is spayed on the flower petals, it is colored artificially.

It's just a matter of viewpoint what you declare "naturally".

^^that's what naturally means but not what the description says
They were made this way from injecting natural plant dyes in the stem of the first rainbow rose and because they are natural plant dyes the colors are carried onto the seeds which then produce these amazing colors in the plant.
which is a total lie

Wow, thats idiotic...

which is a total lie

OMG, now I read that the thread is about the SEEDS and not about the flowers only.
(I should read the postings more accurately, I think.)

What a rip-off to sell seeds of a "rainbow rose"!

Of course the seed has to be of a "white rose".

And when flowering, you can dye or paint the white flower with rainbow colors.

Thats just a rip off, and the seller obviously has no knowledge of how plants work :lol:

LOL what a scammer.

Still interesting technique though. At what stage of the flower opening does it need to be I wonder when placing it in the colored waters? Or does it not matter? Earlier the better probably?

Still interesting technique though. At what stage of the flower opening does it need to be I wonder when placing it in the colored waters? Or does it not matter? Earlier the better probably?

On Youtube there is a video of the coloring process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2YVoGNnZM

I think you should start before the flower is opening.
And you need to keep it cool, so that the opening of the flower is delayed until it has taken the colors.

Yes the latter part about the seeds taking up the color is BS. Typically with the injection technique, it's done while the bud is still very immature -- well before it starts to open.

smiley6746.gif

Back