User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 65 to 72 of 216

Thread: Tj's Plant Thread!!

  1. #65
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,875
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tje25 View Post
    Poi dog pitcher popped!!
    I blame the small size on the low humidity, low daylight hours, and the flower
    I find it interesting that a number of my Poi Dog N. maxima hybrids produce smaller pitchers during these dark, short mid-winter days, while other plants continue to make bigger and bigger pitchers. I have a seed-grown plant of ventricosa X singalana that has made three new pitchers since November and each has been considerably larger than the previous. There is a new pitcher on this plant about to pop that already has exceeded my expectations for its adult pitcher size! I can only imagine what it's going to do when days grow longer and brighter

  2. #66
    Plant Addict!! tje25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    I find it interesting that a number of my Poi Dog N. maxima hybrids produce smaller pitchers during these dark, short mid-winter days, while other plants continue to make bigger and bigger pitchers. I have a seed-grown plant of ventricosa X singalana that has made three new pitchers since November and each has been considerably larger than the previous. There is a new pitcher on this plant about to pop that already has exceeded my expectations for its adult pitcher size! I can only imagine what it's going to do when days grow longer and brighter
    Huh... That is interesting... so then I am positive that it is a combination of all three. I wonder how much bigger it would have gotten if I had cut off the flower stalk...

  3. #67
    Plant Addict!! tje25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Update!!!

    Ok, lots of pics in this update!
    Hope you enjoy!

    I'll start by showing off my new arrivals! (Thanks Smitty!)

    D. aliciae





    P. agnata ekuma x emarginata ( not sure if this one will make it or not, guess I'll just wait and see)



    My new grow rack that I'm slowly peicing together



    Newly opened ventricosa picture



    Newly opened maxima poi dog pitcher



    Future upper poi dog pitcher maybie



    Poi dog flower progress





    alata and gentle in the new little terrarium... I think there much happier in there, The leaves are growing faster anyways






    Drosera!!



    D. nidiformis





    D. capensis





    D. helodes



    D. allantostigma



    D. trichocaulis



    D. scorpioides "pink flower"





    D. pulchella



    D. roseana



    D. scorpioides "white flower"




    Thanks for looking!!!
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-19-2015 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Nomenclature

  4. #68
    Plant Ninja Smitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plantropia N.Y.
    Posts
    616
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the heck happened to that ping in transit!! It should pull through, it is a very hardy pinguicula...I got ya if it doesn't though!

    Nice collection!

    Previously known as: NY Plant Nerd

  5. #69
    Plant Addict!! tje25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    What the heck happened to that ping in transit!! It should pull through, it is a very hardy pinguicula...I got ya if it doesn't though!

    Nice collection!
    Thanks Smitty!
    It got pretty cold on the way here... the lfs was partially frozen when I first unpacked it so I'm sure it didnt like that too much.

  6. #70
    Plant Ninja Smitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plantropia N.Y.
    Posts
    616
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep shipping in the cold is a crap shoot, used up all my heat packs keeping my feet toasty all hunting season.

    For good measure I would place a clear cup over the dews...they will bounce back rather fast with a slightly warmer and humid micro climate you will provide by doing so.

    Previously known as: NY Plant Nerd

  7. #71
    Plant Addict!! tje25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    yep shipping in the cold is a crap shoot, used up all my heat packs keeping my feet toasty all hunting season.

    For good measure I would place a clear cup over the dews...they will bounce back rather fast with a slightly warmer and humid micro climate you will provide by doing so.
    I keep a humidity dome on top of the dews, I just take it off for pics... or do you meen a clear cup inside of the humidity dome??

  8. #72
    Plant Ninja Smitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plantropia N.Y.
    Posts
    616
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a dome? Your good then mang!

    Previously known as: NY Plant Nerd

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •