What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tj's Plant Thread!!

Looks like everything likes your conditions

Thanks! So far so good... I'm curious to see how things are going to react to summer here.

Everythin's growin good! so far you're having way better luck with neps then i've ever had lol..

Thanks Brie... although I cant take all the credit for the neps. Only two of them are doing really well (ventricosa, and the maxima poi dog). The other two not so much... they are still growing but have lost all of there pitchers:(. I'm sure its just cause its winter ( i hope).

dang.. moving right along! :clap:

Thanks Travis!

Looking good! I love the colours on your Maxima

Thanks alot Tom !! I really like your collection too!

Ok, so I emailed the place that I got the alata from about wether it was labeled correctly and this is what they said:

"Hi Travis:

We have a complete money back return policy that includes all shipping. You won't be out a penny. We believe that the plants we ship as Nep. alata are correctly labeled. If, however, we have made a mistake and you can help us correct it we welcome any information you can provide. (Both our supplier and we are familiar with the numerous gardening forums where discussion pertaining to proper naming of these plants takes place. Our plants have not been sourced from Deroose growers.)

If you would like to return your plant(s) you can do so by priority mail (if you still have the shipping box- they're free at the post office- or another box.) We will refund all shipping to and from and the price of the plant(s).

Thanks, Donovan."

So yo think its not alata? Could I see a pic of it? Many times nurseries mislabel ventrata or deroose alata with the real thing.

I dont think a pic will do any good, it has dropped all of its pitchers and i'm still waiting on it to inflate one.
In the email I sent them I said that I was told it was prolly either a ventrata or a deroose.

There is on picture of it with pitchers (although not a very good one) its in the very first pic in this thread... The one in the back

Yay very nice! I always love it when gemmae sprout :grin:

I forgot I had these pictures of my three small neps when I first got them. Including the alata in question when it still had pitchers on it.

DSC02972.jpg

N. alata (or ventrata or deroose alata)

DSC02975.jpg

DSC02976.jpg

N. ventricosa

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02974.jpg

N. gentle

DSC02977.jpg

DSC02978.jpg

These were all taken the day that they came in the mail :)

Looks good, I loike that cabinet you have set up.

Hey Monkey, Thanks for stoppin by. I appreciate the comment

Thanks Nep!

I was just in there looking at my maxima poi dog and I noticed that at the base of the newest leaf folding down I have a new growth point starting!!! Talk about excited!!:) :banana2:

Alright everyone,
More good news with the poi dog... IT'S FLOWERING!!! What a way to start my day :)

DSC03070.jpg

Congratulations!

Back