What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tj's Plant Thread!!

awesome plants! Since when did you get so many nice truncata hybrids?! :drool:

Thanks peeps!! @heli- oh... a few months or so ago ;)

New None-cp additions to the grow room!

Pineapple (just potted up today, no roots)

DSC03394.jpg

Bannana plant (a basal from a plant my friend had pop out of his compost pile from throwing bannana peels in it)

DSC03395.jpg

Wow, thats an awesome way to accidentally grow a banana tree! lol

Wow, thats an awesome way to accidentally grow a banana tree! lol

LOL... Right? From what I understand, It doesnt happen too often.

Update!!

DSC03407.jpg

New Additions!!

3 New "B52" vft's ( Thanks Travis!)

DSC03400.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03402.jpg

3 New Sarr's... S. leucophylla "Tarnok", S. flava, and S. x 'Dana's Delight' ( Thanks Chad!)

DSC03397.jpg

DSC03398.jpg

S. oreophila already inflating a new pitcher ( Thanks TheFury)

DSC03406.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone:)

Nice flytraps and sarr seedling! That looks like a nice soil mix.

Nice flytraps and sarr seedling! That looks like a nice soil mix.

Thanks Devon! The soil mix is just 1 part peat, 1 part perlite, and a bottlom layer of LFS

Sarracenia update!!

I have 4 new pitchers open!!!

2 new flava's, 1 new leucophylia "Tarnok"

DSC03426.jpg

DSC03423.jpg

And 1 new oreophila, with two new ones forming right behind it!

DSC03424.jpg

DSC03425.jpg

Keep them growing as they are looking good so far. Was just wondering if you decided what you were going to do with the VFT flower stock. Anyways if you have any questions with the Sarrs let me know especially when you get closer to dormancy.

Chad

Thanks Chad!
I appreciate it!! I cut the flower stalks and am attempting to propagate them :). Thanks for stopping in and sayin hi :wave:

How are all of your plants doing?

My plants are doing ok however the Iowa wind and storms have messed them up some however living in Iowa I have gotten use to it but everything is comming out of dormancy. Had 1 plant that I had to do surgery on to get rid of the rotten part. For some reason sarracenia rubra give me trouble especially comming out of dormancy. Really home the flower stalk takes and you get some more B52 VFT.

Sorry to hear your having some problems. I really hope the cuttings take too:) I look forward to haveing little baby flytraps to share!

WOOHOOO!!! New arrivals!!!

Hello everyone!!

Today I got some goodies in the mail! I received; 120 vft seed w/30-40 unknown mystery seeds, the "A2" hennings giant vft that I won in the auction ( Thanks Jeremiah!!), and a "Jaws" vft.

I planted all of the seeds today minus the mystery's (untill I know what they are) and put the 2 vft's out in my mini bog with the B52's.

"JAWS" vft

DSC03427.jpg

DSC03428.jpg

"A2" Hennings Giant vft

DSC03429.jpg

DSC03431.jpg

DSC03432.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

wish I could make VFT's live.. guess I'll just have to keep sending them to you!

lol Thanks Trav!! When you get it figured out I'll have to send some back your way ;)... hopefully I'll have plenty soon :)

Very good condition for newly shipped plants!

I'm loving that A2

Update!!

Hello everyone!
I have spent the last 2 days re-arranging all of my plants, and added a new light to the shelves. I have quite a bit of free space now :) I snaped a few pics, but I'm not all of the way done so dont mind the mess.

DSC03451.jpg

I decided to move the maxima poi dog, and ventricosa to the back room to see if the would start throwing larger pitchers (the ventricosa is in the terrarium with alata);

DSC03452.jpg

Drosera, vft, misc cp shelf;

DSC03454.jpg

Nepenthes shelf;

DSC03455.jpg

Drosera with my lone ping;

DSC03456.jpg

D. capensis "alba", and D. nidiformis seedlings;

DSC03458.jpg

Pygmy Drosera with a vft flower stalk propagation attept in progress;

DSC03460.jpg

My 120+ vft seeds... still awaiting germination :);

DSC03464.jpg

Terrarium with the ventricosa and alata in it, the empty pot it for my soon to be new arrival! ;);

DSC03465.jpg

The 3 neps that have outgrown the terrarium (N. lowii x truncata, N. gentle, and N. truncata x spectabilis)

DSC03468.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Hope you enjoyed :)

Back