Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Save Username & Password

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Save Username & Password

Mozilla Firefox is ticking me off a bit. I have 8.0 and Vista. It says that it is saving my usernames and passwords and I can see the place that it is doing so. However, everytime I wantto login, I have to "reinvent the wheel". It used to be that the cookies were saved and I just had to click a site's link. Not anymore. Why and what can I do?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't noticed anything different in that regard since upgrading to Firefox 8.x, but then I'm still on WinXP. Have you checked the "remember me" box when you logged in? Once checked you usually don't have to check it again unless you delete your cookies.

How do you have your Cookies set under Options -> Privacy -> Cookies? Mine is set to "accept cookies from sites - keep until they expire."

If you are in a Private Browsing session cookies will be deleted when you end the session. Firefox can be set to always start in Private sessions.

Also if you have a network security/anti-virus package it might be set to delete/block cookies.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always choose the "remember me" box I'll look into the others. Thanks!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might need to give it a whack on the side of the head.

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies - and search and destroy the cookies for terraforums.com
    and
    Tools -> Options -> Security -> Saved Passwords - and search and destroy the saved password(s) for terraforums.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My computer has Alzheimers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I haven't noticed anything different in that regard since upgrading to Firefox 8.x, but then I'm still on WinXP. Have you checked the "remember me" box when you logged in? Once checked you usually don't have to check it again unless you delete your cookies.

How do you have your Cookies set under Options -> Privacy -> Cookies? Mine is set to "accept cookies from sites - keep until they expire."

If you are in a Private Browsing session cookies will be deleted when you end the session. Firefox can be set to always start in Private sessions.

Also if you have a network security/anti-virus package it might be set to delete/block cookies.
    I tried accepting cookies from a handful of sites I visit, mainly the plant forums and Photobucket. That didn't solve the problem. I think it might be the antivirus package and I really don't want to mess with that. Looks like I'll just have to live with "reinventing the wheel". Thanks for trying for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just Terraforums or other sites too?

Check Tools -> Options -> Security -> Passwords - Exceptions and remove terraforums if it's in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all forums. There is nothing in the exceptions field.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast