Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I have plants!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's alive.. ALIVE!!

Glad you like everything dear. If you ever need anything.. plants, advice, tips, ect. I'm here to help.

I must've forgotten to label the pings. They are P. gracilis x moctezumae. Now.. let's see a grow list! Final step of your initiation.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! I just barely missed the miracle grow label on my perlite. Hope they do well!

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

You are getting sleeeepy...very, very sleeeeepy.... JennB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. I'll definitely keep yakkin about how the lil darlings are doing along the way. Their first full day here and they seem to be doing fine but that just means that none of them are shriveling up, turning funny colors, falling apart, or anything like that The only one I really expect to see a definite sign from sometime soonish is the sundew. If all is well about when should I expect to see dew drops on it?

I know you won't forget me, DJ, and I have every faith that in the Spring I'll adore anything you send my way just as much as I do these!

And yes, now that he's come out, you did forget to label the pings but I figured I'd get it from you one of these days soon. I really do appreciate the plants and the offer to hold my noob hand till I get the hang of things. I solemnly swear I shall start a grow list!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Sounds like a good starter kit.

You should expect to see dew from capensis in 2-3 weeks when it makes new leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaahhh excellent, I'll watch for that. I study them in minute detail several times a day as it is but now I won't freak out and think it's dying for at least 2-3 weeks. Thanks Peat!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capensis is practically unkillable. I once covered one that had aphids in a soap/tapwater solution then drenched it with isopropol alcohol and it still survived...

It may even come back faster than that, most of my capensis are seedgrown so I don't really know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a grow list earlier so time for an update!

1 - The D. capensis is indeed doing great it seems! It's busy growing several new little stems with a curl at the end of each that look nice and healthy.

2 - U. sandersonii doesn't really look like it's changed much one way or the other. I'd like to see some positive signs of growth but I'm happy that I don't see any signs of problems either!

3 - P. gracilis x moctezumae I'm still trying to find the ideal placement and conditions I think. I've been putting it outside full time except for 2 nights now that I was worried the temps might dip too low for it and brought it indoors. I just don't think it's been consistently cool enough for it to change over to it's succulent leaved state. I'm a little concerned about it's water too. I know you said not to water it at all, mass, but I did sprinkle just 5 little drops onto it today It's already gone so bone dry at the soil surface and one of the leaves looks like it may be barely starting to brown it worried me.

4 - N. albomarginata is giving me the most fits so far. It looked like the leaves were starting to curl up on themselves so I pumped up it's humidity with the old cut-a-soda-bottle-in-2-to-make-a-tiny-individual-terrarium-out-of-it trick. It did seem to stop the curling up but now the leaves are starting to go brown! Should I just take a deep breath and wait it out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you getting the actual ping itself wet? If so, you don't want that. They rot out rather easily.

As long as the growth point on the nep looks okay, you're still good. The old leaves are expected to die off during a rough acclimation. But the new growth will come out nice and happy, as it's acclimated to the current conditions.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast