Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can supply you with more pings....

You are getting sleeeepy...very, very sleeeeepy.... JennB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry it took me so long to reply but everything seemed to break down at my house all at the same time, had Christmas going on, and frantically trying to get ready to take in two ponies that are going to become homeless mid-January One of the things that's suddenly not working is my husband's really fancy camera, of course, so I really apologize in advance, I had to take these with a crappy JVC video camera

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the dews ~ are getting there. I can see they're acclimated to REAL light again. Won't be too long before they're dewy and gorgeous. Just takes some time..

the nep ~ was expected. The old growth is going to turn ugly.. but the new upcoming growth will be nicely acclimated to your conditions. Should take off in no time.

the pings ~ look great. Don't change a thing.

the utric ~ WET WET WET!! Keep that thing friggin soggy. It'll love you for it.

All in all everything looks good. WELCOME TO THE COOL CLUB!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to hurry up, get the pics on, and tell you in chat they were up so you could critique them for me before I said anything, mass Yes, the small area on the pings that I thought was turning kinda brown just sort of went away so it must've been my over anxious mind workin me on that one! The drosera you can see several places where new leaves are going to unfurl so as long as it's growing I figure it's ok. The tips of some of the old leaves browned up almost within a day so I thought they may be getting a bit TOO much sun (it's been VERY warm and sunny here!) but I pulled em back inside to my sunny window and that seemed to stop the browning tips. The utric looks fairly beat up to me but the good leaves look ok and are staying ok so I figure they'll pop back in time. Yes, I need to keep them wetter but it seems like I've poured a gallon of distilled water on them already so my old mindset of "don't over water" was starting to make me nervous! lol I'll dump another gallon on em tomorrow I'm still concerned about that nep but I won't give up on it, I trust ya that it will come back for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for now.. leave the nep in standing water until it acclimates. Just try to not let it dry out.. I kept them rather wet for a year now.

No such thing as over watering utrics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, I've just been CRAZY busy!!! But I feel like a turd for not checking in on everyone sooner and updating on my progress so get ready for a long post...

Utrics - Seem to be doing fine, growing some new little leaves and must be wet enough since I'm seeing a lot of itty bitty little greem moss "trees" poking up here and there. I'm happy with how they're doing so far!

Nep - Still no change But while it's not perking up any it's not losing green any further either so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it!

Ping - About the same as it was but since it's still supposed to be in it's dormancy I'm not surprised or worried about that.

D. capensis - I've been trying to figure out what this lil devil wants me to give it! At one point I was pretty happy because I had ONE teensy weensy little leaf that had the tiniest of dew drops on it so I thought it was maybe looking up but I've lost that and looking at the original pics in this thread though has me spazzin out because I realize that it's declining just very slowly. It's in a saucer of water and I give the top of the soil a little spritz from my sprayer once a day or so, sitting in the window with the others getting some partial, filtered sun. It's like it's spindley, yanno? The "stems" and "leaves" are kinda thin and sparse like it's starving for something. I've started putting a light right on it for a bit each day and will be leaving that light on more and more hoping that what it wants is more light but ramping it up slowly so as not to shock the poor lil guy. It can't be wanting for water...maybe humidity? I don't want to change two factors at once though because then if there's a change in the plant I won't know what did it and might kill it trying to figure that out!! Such a frustrating little !! But I'm LOVIN it all too! lol Any thoughts?

In non-cp news, one of the many things we're working on is Personal Ponies (don't know if it's ok to post the url but you can google em if you're interested). We took in two ponies and they're just cuter than a bug's butt!! They're only 40" and 37" tall! But it turns out they need a wee bit of training before they'll be ready to make a public debut at any nursing home or anything because they're a bit spoiled rotten and nibbley (or the lil suckers BITE if you want it blunt! ) But things are going really well with them.

Now that my husband has more fully recovered from shattering most of the ribs on his left side we're back to hand clearing our land from the THICK cedar, prickly pears, and other growing odds and ends, just a chainsaw and muscle power! I should say selectively clearing. We enjoy the privacy that the cedars provide, you can't see our house from the road or most other angles, and the variety of wildlife that call it all home or feel safe enough to wander through it, deer, rabbit, fox, armadillo, road runners, variety of birds, etc. We don't want to ruin that but we do need to create space that the horses can use too so we're trying to balance the two desires. Sadly, most of the cleared stuff just goes on the burn pile but we try to salvage the cedar that we can by peeling it into poles which we then reuse in building the fence. We like the rustic, pole fence look, makes us feel a smidge better about cutting it down, and it's easier on the pocketbook! It takes work though getting everything done!!

I won't go too far into the legal battle I'm embroiled in because they don't make an emote that adequately expresses my feelings on the matter Suffice to say that I'm trying to get my money back from a place I studied at because the teacher kicked me out of classes for something that I did NOT do, has been telling the world that I did this awful thing (can we say SLANDER suit if someone doesn't muzzle that...ahem...), and has since been found by TWC to be an illegally run school to boot! The court has ordered her to give all her students refunds but to date she's refusing.

Spring gardening is sooooo close!!!! I've got so many sprouts growing indoors right now we're out of places to put them all but I've still got seeds! It's driving me crazy, I want to plant ALL the seeds!! I guess I kinda need to prep a garden for em all though, huh? One more thing on the "omg we're running out of time, get it DONE" to do list. Anyone need some non-cp seeds?

We finally took down our pool! Our house came with an above ground pool (13x21 Splash) which was nice at first for the kids but now they've outgrown it, the pump has died, none of us want the work and expense of keeping it up, and it's in my future riding arena! So we pulled all the supports and poles out of it and it's drying but don'tcha think it'd made a pretty awesome liner for a pond? And maybe that pond could have a shallower bog-like end? And maybe some cps could find their way into this bog-ish section? But that would also mean setting up a system for rain collection because while buying gallons of purified water for the few little potted babies I have now is no problem there's no way I can afford it for a whole bog garden! Can we say my to do list is already too long? lol

That's the biggest highlights, hectic but that's how it goes! Even with how crazy life can get I promise to catch up and do better about coming to see everyone. I miss you, my fellow nuts! lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was starting to worry about you.. Thought you fell and hit your head.

Perhaps the dew is craving some humidity. Try tossing it into a ziplock with a mist or two, and giving it good light. That usually works on any CP in a pinch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the nep planted in? Looks like it needs humidity too. I think Travs humidity is rather high all the time. It can wither a plant rather quickly if shocked into lower house humidity.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast