Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't go
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not crazy about having to drive 3 hours or 1 hour from the nearest airpots, but if I miss it, I'd be kicking myself from now to the next time they host the conference stateside. I'll probably work details with others in the Bay so we can perhaps room together or rent a vehicle.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a must see... and especially day one!

Motel does shuttle service from airport.... not sure on any charges that may occur, but confirmed they do have shuttle service.

13 hr drive each way for me, i'm going to fly and ship any plants back via local members me hopes

We need a TF polo shirt

Just imagine how cool it will be walking from Wistubas booth, to Exotica Plants to Borneo Exotics, to etc etc etc, you know all the big boys will bring all the cool stuffs to this

I'll take this adult eddie.... ummm this fuzzy sock heli, ummmm ohhhh and what is this... I thought this was extinct?...... muuuuuuwwwwaaaahhhhh

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been to one, so it's hard for me to justify the costs of making a trip clear across the country. Although... if it's likely that rare finds will be there, maybe I should?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mato: many european cp vendors will set up shop over there. some well known vendors as well as not so well known vendors...so you can be the judge of whether to go or not.

so if you prefer paying for phytosanitary certificates, CITES, and insane shipping costs, and wait 2+ weeks to receive your plants for multiple orders rather than getting them all at once, that's up to you.

you could also argue that a plane ticket and hotel costs outweigh these benefits, but you also have opportunities to make connections with other peoples that have amazing collections and dont frequent the forums. plus to meet names and faces, it's a pretty cool thing. if i were to go, you'd bet, i'd be meeting up with my roraima buddies as well as some amazing folks here at TF. talk plants, arrange trades, stuff like that....
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will probably bug me since I am allowed to bring American propagated plants back into Canada but not if they are from another country... Should be cool to see the sights anyways.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    @mato: many european cp vendors will set up shop over there. some well known vendors as well as not so well known vendors...so you can be the judge of whether to go or not.

so if you prefer paying for phytosanitary certificates, CITES, and insane shipping costs, and wait 2+ weeks to receive your plants for multiple orders rather than getting them all at once, that's up to you.

you could also argue that a plane ticket and hotel costs outweigh these benefits, but you also have opportunities to make connections with other peoples that have amazing collections and dont frequent the forums. plus to meet names and faces, it's a pretty cool thing. if i were to go, you'd bet, i'd be meeting up with my roraima buddies as well as some amazing folks here at TF. talk plants, arrange trades, stuff like that....

You had me at "European cp vendors."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fiance and I will be making the drive out. We'll be there with Cthulhu138 (Johnny).

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast