What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICPS 2012 Roll Call

The Early Bird registration has been extended Thez Yo, so you lucked out!

& for anyone who thinks the conference is too far, I haven't heard any complaints from the Australians, Japanese or Europeans that are attending! ; )

Woohoo, aaand it's a new billing cycle on the credit card :-)) .... :down:

ummmm guess its time for me to pounce as well.... .

:p

I beleive the Early-Bird was extended to the 15th

Mine's bought! THANK YOU for extending the early-bird! :hail: I really didn't have the money before..

Now all's that's left to pay is the hotel once I get there and then bleed some money.. err... I mean plant money :lol:.

No prob! The NECPS is happy to do what it can. Early-Bird has been extended again till the 21st.

There also should be some really big updates soon, so stay tuned!

I pounced..... :)

Any details on a shuttle from airport?

And for those of us having to leave on Sunday, what about possible local support in getting plants shipped that we may buy while there?

:p

For the people that are staying at the Hotel, I believe there is a shuttle to/from PVD. Contact the Hotel for the arrangements.

As for plant shipping? I'm not quite sure, that is something that could be worked out with any willing local NECPS members...
I'll be under an avalanche of work with breaking down and transporting my displays and whatnot and am not local (Long Islander) otherwise I'd be glad to help out!

I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm pretty confident that we can find somebody who could help you out

I was personally planning on packing some flat rate boxes in my luggage.. Most hotels have an "office center" with internet so you could print a flate rate label to ship it home.. OR.. I looked up FAA or whatever regulations on plants, you're allowed to bring plants on board domestic flights.. so you just need to declare them and it would count as a carry on..

be careful, many of the airlines now have hefty fees for more than one carry one....

Ok, so it looks like I will be reserving the 3-day conference special. :woot:

I was wondering if there will be any plant competitions. I had the idea of maybe a "kids competition" where you have to be 18 or younger to enter.

I was wondering if there will be any plant competitions. I had the idea of maybe a "kids competition" where you have to be 18 or younger to enter.

In which case, I'm for a 'Snarky Physicist Only' competition ;)

Haha thez :p. I think a teenage/kids plant competition would be cool though

The speaker schedule is set for the conference! See the speaker announcements thread for details...

The big new update is that we will have night-time hours for the conference as well!

The plant show will be open at night to conference ticket-holders and will have tables and chairs.
There is a bar/restaurant adjoining the plant show in the Hotel so grab a burger or pizza or salad or whatever and a beer and hang out with the plants and the other conference attendees!

We will also have a movie theatre to show CP documentaries and whatnot all night.

Then there's also transportation available to go into Providence, but why even bother?!

It's not too late to get your tickets!

Quogue, thanks for the update! I am a little confused on what the ticket actually is. Do we like print out the paypal receipt?

Quogue, thanks for the update! I am a little confused on what the ticket actually is. Do we like print out the paypal receipt?

Yeah I'm wondering too... or do I just walk in like I own the place and assume you know I've paid? :lol:

Thez, haha... maybe they will email us with a secret password that we need to say to enter. :p

Just bought my ticket, still ironing out flight or driving info though. Can't wait to meet all you guys!

The New England Carnivorous Plant Society will be hosting the International Carnivorous Plant Society’s 2012 conference and exhibition for three days this upcoming August with various Field Trips to see Carnivorous Plants in the wild for several days after the conference.

This will be the finest collection of Carnivorous Plants exhibited to the public with LOTS of opportunities for photographers! There will be lectures from the leading academics, conservationists and authors from the world of Carnivorous Plants as well as a theatre for documentaries and movies featuring Carnivorous Plants.

There will be a huge selection of Carnivorous Plants for sale from some of the Nation’s best-known distributors of Carnivorous Plants and the New England Carnivorous Plant Society will also hold a silent auction of select, rare specimens only for conference ticket holders.

The conference will be held August 11-13, 2012, at the Johnson and Wales University Inn in Seekonk, Massachusetts, USA
The hotel and conference center is located is just 6 miles from downtown Providence, Rhode Island. With its airport, bus stations and train station, Providence is easily accessed by both domestic and international travelers. It is also near two large international airports—about 3 hour’s drive from New York City and about an hour from Boston.

Registration fee includes Conference Admission, Lunch and refreshments (Breakfast and Dinner not included)

The conference will also have night hours for conference ticket-holders to visit the bar/restaurant inside the conference center to grab dinner and drinks and bring them over to the plant exhibition where tables and chairs will be set up to relax with the other conference attendees!

The movie theatre will be showing the Carnivorous Plant documentaries and movies all night and there also will be transportation available to go into Providence for a night out on the town.

This will be the World’s premiere event for Carnivorous Plant lovers, so please join us for this momentous occasion!

Please visit: http://www.necps.org/icps2012/ for more information!

i would love to go, but at that distance, i would like to have a tag along for company. is some one from virginia, or thereabouts going? and if im able to get the time, will i be able to make a last min decision on going , will i still be welcomed if i decide in the last week i want to go, and can get someone to go with me ?
i would consider picking some one up on the way as well, say in the far north of virginia.

Back