What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICPS 2012 Roll Call

The New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting the 2012 International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS) conference. The conference will be held August 11-13, 2012, with field trips following for several days afterward.

The conference will be held at the Johnson and Wales University Inn in Seekonk, Massachusetts. The hotel and conference center is owned and operated by a renowned culinary and hospitality school. See http://www.jwinn.com/ for more information on the venue. There are several rooms reserved for our group.

Our location is just 6 miles from downtown Providence, Rhode Island. With its airport, bus stations, and train station, Providence is easily accessed by both domestic and international travelers. We are also near two large international airports – about 3 hours’ drive from New York City and about an hour from Boston.

More details on the conference will be announced as they become available. To join an e-mail list to receive conference announcements, please send a message to Emily Troiano, NECPS Vice President, at emily.troiano (at) gmail (dot) com.

My reservations made for Friday and Saturday

cya there!

Oh same reservations for me! I hope work lets me have that weekend instead of sending me somewhere vile in August again :lol:

Don't have plane/train/dirigible tix yet though...

I will hopefully be there, still depends on the whims of my famiglia. :-(

I can't wait to turn 18...

Maybe... Id have to convince the parents that New York is more exciting than San Fran :lol:

Planning on it; though it's in the far-flung year of 2012 -- and we'll likely have jet-packs and moving sidewalks by then . . .

cheesey bump back to page one please :p
so few names....

I can't go :(

Not crazy about having to drive 3 hours or 1 hour from the nearest airpots, but if I miss it, I'd be kicking myself from now to the next time they host the conference stateside. I'll probably work details with others in the Bay so we can perhaps room together or rent a vehicle.

Its a must see... and especially day one!

Motel does shuttle service from airport.... not sure on any charges that may occur, but confirmed they do have shuttle service.

13 hr drive each way for me, i'm going to fly and ship any plants back via local members me hopes

We need a TF polo shirt :p

Just imagine how cool it will be walking from Wistubas booth, to Exotica Plants to Borneo Exotics, to etc etc etc, you know all the big boys will bring all the cool stuffs to this

I'll take this adult eddie.... ummm this fuzzy sock heli, ummmm ohhhh and what is this... I thought this was extinct?...... muuuuuuwwwwaaaahhhhh

I've never been to one, so it's hard for me to justify the costs of making a trip clear across the country. Although... if it's likely that rare finds will be there, maybe I should?

@mato: many european cp vendors will set up shop over there. some well known vendors as well as not so well known vendors...so you can be the judge of whether to go or not.

so if you prefer paying for phytosanitary certificates, CITES, and insane shipping costs, and wait 2+ weeks to receive your plants for multiple orders rather than getting them all at once, that's up to you. ;)

you could also argue that a plane ticket and hotel costs outweigh these benefits, but you also have opportunities to make connections with other peoples that have amazing collections and dont frequent the forums. plus to meet names and faces, it's a pretty cool thing. if i were to go, you'd bet, i'd be meeting up with my roraima buddies as well as some amazing folks here at TF. talk plants, arrange trades, stuff like that....

It will probably bug me since I am allowed to bring American propagated plants back into Canada but not if they are from another country... Should be cool to see the sights anyways.

@mato: many european cp vendors will set up shop over there. some well known vendors as well as not so well known vendors...so you can be the judge of whether to go or not.

so if you prefer paying for phytosanitary certificates, CITES, and insane shipping costs, and wait 2+ weeks to receive your plants for multiple orders rather than getting them all at once, that's up to you. ;)

you could also argue that a plane ticket and hotel costs outweigh these benefits, but you also have opportunities to make connections with other peoples that have amazing collections and dont frequent the forums. plus to meet names and faces, it's a pretty cool thing. if i were to go, you'd bet, i'd be meeting up with my roraima buddies as well as some amazing folks here at TF. talk plants, arrange trades, stuff like that....

You had me at "European cp vendors."

My fiance and I will be making the drive out. We'll be there with Cthulhu138 (Johnny).

My fiance and I will be making the drive out. We'll be there with Cthulhu138 (Johnny).

What about the little man?

I would love to go, especially to partake in the field trips...but would have to win the lottery to be able to afford it, sigh.

I'm still on the fence. If it was anywhere in the Southeast, it would be a no-brainer. However, since it is not, then the decision rests on the other peep's & Euro** plant vendors who'll be there ... (mostly anyway) ... ???

** actually - foreign plant vendor is probably more accurate

Last edited:
Back