Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MIracle fruit growth progress

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Paroubek View Post
    No worries..
    I might have to try one at somepoint. Would be interesting to use before having some iced tea with a bit of lemon and no sugar.
    YA same here.. Usweetened Iced tea with squeeze of lemon would probably be really good with a miracle fruit.. Ill definately be trying that.

As you can see in the pics, my plant is growing quite well now that it has acclimated. Im really glad it likes my conditions because it is supposed to be very difficult to grow well. I dont know yet if these flowers will turn to fruit (the two that it came with as sheathed buds didnt. one opened but no fruit and the other didnt open yet but it is still there) or just fall off... Either way Im happy its flowering and growing vegetative growth as well... If they dont turn to fruit I will probably just give it some more acidic fertilizer to drop the ph a notch or two but I am confident Ill have some fruit in the spring or sumer esp. when its warmer.. RIght now its high 60's like 68ish to low 70's like 73 max aorund the midle of the bag. Very humid though.. I dont have it drained yet which i was worreid about but it doesnt seem to care

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update...3 pics.. one is pretty cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! Lots of nice buds coming along. Seems like that they should be capable of producing quite a few fruit on a regular basis once settled in.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope so! It is only growing any vegetative growth on these two branches, but I hope it picks up everywhere else as well.. Once it gets very bushy it should be able to make a ton of fruit, but right now it doesnt have many branches to work with. I am going to be sowing every seed I get from it so I should hopefully have a bunch of seedlings this year and within 3 years, fruiting plants about this size..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123