What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giveaway from SirKristoff - Please Read for those who participated

Ok guys, my internet is finally working again, and im sorry for the huge delay as im sure you were all a little sketched out, shipping costs have been refunded to you all, as opposed to shipping you now dead plants...
We had several hard freezes, and with my limited time with my plants over the last month, was not able to shelter them properly and lost nearly 90% of my flytraps, several sarracenia, numerous darlingtonia, some irreplaceable and a number of dews... roughly 600$ alone in flytraps... i havent even dared to try and calculate the damage with anything else yet as it is not over...
I'm terribly sorry about the delay, but rest assure all 4 of you have received your shipping prices back in full.
Thanks for the patience and sorry for the hassle.

Aw Man! That stinks!!!! What fly traps did you lose?!

IM gonna be working to geta lot of them in tc this coming spring when i get fresh growth (they are dormant in my fridge) so maybe I can help you build up ur collection again :)

Oh my god, I'm sorry to hear about this. >.<

I would so be more than happy to ship you some plants when the weather warms up if you still have some holes I can fill by then. Let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'd be happy to start propagating whatever I have that you may want right now, too, so I can ship you decently sized plants come spring. Just let me know.

Hi Kris,

That's very nice of you to ship despite your losses. I hope the new year will bring new plants to you! :)

:-( Know the feeling, going through the same myself with unexpected freeze. Waiting for spring to see what survives in the new bog.

I also would be happy to help you out replinishing your stock with what I have coming from seed in spring and the sarrs, flytraps, and sundews I will be dividing in the old bog, which was unaffected by the freeze. Just shoot me a PM in spring and see what I have that you are interested in.

I really feel for ya man.

Hi Kris,

That's very nice of you to ship despite your losses. I hope the new year will bring new plants to you! :)

No, I think he's saying he refunded the shipping cost instead of using the money to send us dead plants. Sorry to hear about the loss though. Hopefully, everything will build back up in due time.

oh wow....pain...... :(
i also wish that you would be able to regain what you lost in this new year as well!

Sorry to hear about your losses Kris. That is aweful. My prayers are with you.

I'm really sorry, that sucks. :(
If you ever need any plants, I'm here. :)

I'm rather surprised....all my temperates are exposed to hard freezes here and there and I've never had any losses. :0o:

Tis gotta be rough...I feel for ya man.

i think its got part to do with that most of my stock flytraps and sarrs for my wholesale business as well as seedgrown material were in 2.5" pots, but i had hoped that since they were in trays and placed in rows where everything fit snug and right, that maybe they would insulate eachother, but i obviously was wrong on that assumption, ontop of the fact that a night before we had a heavy freeze, 13 degrees without the wind chill, we had a good rain storm come through and fill my trays (had not even got around to removing the holding trays from the water trays)
hopefully ill have some come back though chances are slim on most of them...
and of course like every year, i lose my B52s....
So, i guess here in a couple weeks once i get more free time, it will be time to do a total tally of damages/loss and see what i can do.... this might have done my business in for a season or two until i get re-established but thats alright, i need a bit of a break from the plants anyway...

So sorry about the looses! Do you have a list of the ill fated in the making? I would be more than glad to help with the divisions of CPs that I have :)

Don't worry bout it SK. Would rather see you get your plants back than anything...sorry for the losses.

No worries, dude. Sorry for the losses you suffered.

Back