Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Greenhouse Table?

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple Greenhouse Table?

I think I would benefit from a table in my greenhouse for carnivorous plants. It's a 6x8 greenhouse, so I need something fairly small. Does anyone have blueprints for a 5ft to 6ft greenhouse table?

I'm open to other options, as I'm still in the planning stage. If anyone has any information that could benefit me, please let me know!

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look online for some stainless tables. I have one for my 6' 6' 7' greenhouse, but I dont have the blueprints. The table may have to be assembled inside the GH.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    look online for some stainless tables. I have one for my 6' 6' 7' greenhouse, but I dont have the blueprints. The table may have to be assembled inside the GH.
    Thank you! Didn't think about a stainless table. I found a 24" x 72" stainless table with a backsplash for around $160.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Treated wood and pond liner work great too! A nice stainless table is good for cuttings though as they're easy to disinfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 31drew31 View Post
    Treated wood and pond liner work great too! A nice stainless table is good for cuttings though as they're easy to disinfect.
    Cool, never heard of that method. Why pond liner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build a table with treated wood, then line the top with the pond liner so the wet pots dont sit on the wood and they last much longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 31drew31 View Post
    Build a table with treated wood, then line the top with the pond liner so the wet pots dont sit on the wood and they last much longer.
    Ah, I see. I'll figure out what I want to do for the table soon.

Thanks for the help guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm weird but I actually like seeing wood get covered with mosses and stuff. My old HL tank had a wooden shelf that eventually turned green in places and started growing mosses.

I made my shelves 4 ft x 2 ft but the concept would be the same for any size:

HD sells Studboard for $0.97 (1" x 2" x 8 ft) and $1.97 for (1" x 4" x 8 ft)

Using 1 x 4s build a rectangular frame in the length and width you need for instance: 2 x 6 ft boards (front & back edges) & 2 x 2 ft Boards (ends)

Using 1 x 2s (or 1 x 4s) cut 6 ft strips to fit over your frame space them about 1" apart , this gives you a slotted top that allows pots to drain. You could also glue lighting grid eggcrate over top the frame.

Using 1 x 4s cut 4 or 6 legs all the same height and put them on all 4 corners (and 2 more in the middle if the table will be over 4 feet in length)

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast