What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK some more pictures finally:

N. gymnaphora x dubia getting ready to open a new one, closer to uppers but not yet though. This plant is vining now an has at least a basal and maybe two.

fyodor10.jpg

Exotica Plants' remake of N. Ventricosa (K) x alata
epventrata3.jpg

The N. thorelii x aristolochioides is vining and finally making some nice ones:
thoraristo1.jpg

thoraristo2.jpg

My Utricularia longifolia is blooming after having it for years, all i did was change the lighting by 1/2 hour longer or so... LOL

longifolia1.jpg

Wistuba N. hamata Clone 1 got shocked by the new lights and put out a basal:
hamata1-4.jpg

Here's a couple pitchers from the two N. inermis plants from Wistuba, well on their way to vining:
inermis3.jpg

inermis4.jpg

Here's the tissue cultured N. edwardsiana I received from Wistuba last week:
edwardsianatc1.jpg

In comparison here's my two seed grown ones that I've been growing since last year around this time. They are both in 6" net pots:

SG1
eddysg1-5.jpg

SG2 this one has been consistently slower and smaller than SG1 so I'm curious if this is a charachteristic of female Neps. Time will tell I suppose....
eddysg2-5.jpg

Thanks for looking at this little update. :)

Long time no update! :p I love your plants, how often do your eddies put out a leaf?

My pleasure. Everything looks great.. you keep posting and I shall keep looking.

Awesome as always. Envious, as usual. ;)

how often do your eddies put out a leaf?

I couldn't say how long in days but it's a long enough interval that when I first got the two SG ones I would take pictures and look back to assure myself they were infact growing and not just sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

N. lowii is comparable in growth speed. So get it and forget it really.

I forgot a couple pics:

N. mira
mira1.jpg

Wistuba N. macrophylla after 1 year:
macrophylla3.jpg

AW Macro on arrival (last year around this time):
macrophylla1.jpg

Ah! You granted my request!

Very nice plants! Can we get a pitcher closeup on one of those SG eddies?

N. gymnamphora x dubia I like, a lot. That shape is so.... I don't know how to describe it.

'Nice plants! Can you just feel the envy directed at you? 'Nicely shot, too, Swords. It's easy to get caught up in the pretty plants and forget that getting a good photo of them takes skill.

Very nice pics Swords!

:drool:seed grown eddies

I somehow missed your last update. Killer stuff going on, buddy. I'm sure the people on facebook are loving it..

Duuuude nice! Yeah somehow I missed the update too... I've been missing your photo threat and wondering where it went actually :lol:

Looks like your family of eddies are growing quite well for you. Very nice.

I took some pics while I was fertilizer flushing the pots tonight incase anyone cares to see:

N. mira (BE)

Nmira1.jpg

N. flava (AW)

nflava1.jpg

N. lowii Mt. Trusmadi form (BE)

nlowiitrusmadi.jpg

N. vogelii

vogelii1.jpg

N. jamban

jamban1.jpg

N. edwardsiana (SG #2)
edwardsiana1.jpg

This pitcher hasn't buried itself yet

edwardsiana2.jpg

N. gymnamphora x dubia
Lower / intermediate pitcher
gymxdubia1.jpg

N. gymnamphora x dubia
Intermediate / upper pitcher (bit of a let down)
gymxdubia2.jpg

N. hamata
Clone 1 (AW)

hamatacl11.jpghamatacl12.jpg

N. hamata
Clone 2 (AW)

hamatacl21.jpg

N. thorelii x aristolochioides (male)
thorxaristo1.jpgthorxaristo2.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

VERY nice plants! :) They look great. especially the jamban!

The gymnamphora x dubia intermediate/upper is a bit of a let down. I was expecting something more dramatically shaped. Hopefully it does get more dramatic.

swords your plants are just... amazing :love:

I love that pitcher to leaf ratio on your hamata!

Swords, your updates are always exciting. Can't wait to see my clone 1 develop that sort of size. As they say on ebay.. A+++++++++++

Beautiful neps all, but my favorite is your eddie. The pitchers have beautiful form, very nice color - and of course the killer teeth.

Back