What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

These pics are very threatening :0o:

Well - it's about time!! :poke:

:-D :-O :nono: :-O :-D

As the others have said - great looking plants. I'm especially impressed with your aristo & inermis. My inermis is growing well but won't keep 2 pitchers for long (not counting the smaller basal pitchers). When a new one inflates, a timer starts and the older one is usually starting to blacken within 2-3 weeks.

Thanks folks, I hate to show em off cos mostly they're so young yet, I like showing off mature pitchers best.

Ron my N. campanulata is that way, only holding one maybe two pitchers at a time, I'm hoping it will stop doing that as it get's larger, I don't recall my old one being like that.

Wooohoooooooo!!! FINALLY! :laaa:
The wait has been worth it!
Super plants!!! Great pictures!! :-D

One question though- what's your setup like? I know you always want lowlanders, but you have some pretty serious highlanders too....is your highlander tank just out of room or something? o_O

very nice looking plants swords! and that moss is so green and plushy! everything looks so immaculate! great work! great threat!

'sabout time! :lol:

I was not disappointed.

Wow awesome neps Im glad you decided to post pics!

I agree, that is definitely sanguinea. Looks identical to the one I have. My was called an orange clone. Beautiful plants. Can't wait to get my jamban I just ordered, and who doesn't want an eddie... :hail:

Stunning pics of some showstopper plants swords. Man!! I can't express how spectacular and cute that eddie is. wow!!! Love it.

Certainly worth the wait; down right beautiful plants!!

Thanks for sharing!

Wow! Nice plants, especially the eddie!

Ohman, I'm so happy you started a thread! Keep it going, you've got some gorgeous stuff to show off!

Here's a pic of my current Nepenthes shelf:

shelf1.jpg

A: Lowland tanks
B: Nepenthes seed starting shelf & most of my spray bottle collection for various solutions
C: Highland chamber & a 10 gallon with a couple unhappy giant raffs in it

N. veitchii "pink" starting to develop some striping on the peristome, unlike most N. veitchii this form has tall skinny pitchers instead of short & fat
veitchiipink1.jpg

veitchiipink2.jpg

Some assorted Nepenthes seedlings hardening off after transplanting, most of the N. neoguineensis "B" (brown) didn't survive moving.

seedlings1.jpg

N. bicalcarata a baby plant still has nice fangs

bical1.jpg

N. bellii x northiana this is the first pitcher to finally open on this hybrid which, when it gets going creates some pretty neat miniature N. northiana pitchers, this pitcher isn't quite there yet but it's just the first after a long battle to save it so I'm calling it a victory! LOL
belliixnorthiana9.jpg

Here you can see the clean leaves of this hybrid (no weird variegation) and a new developing pitcher next to a N. Black Knight
belliixnorthiana10.jpg

This is how this hybrid arrived! :(

belliixnorthiana1.jpg

And then a few days after arrival! :censor:
belliixnorthiana7.jpg

Here's a few of my weird succulents:

Pseudolithos migiurtinus (grows as a round ball)

pseudolithosmigiurtinus2.jpg

Pseudolithos cubiformis (grows as a pyramidal/square shape)

pseudolithoscubiformis.jpg

Pseudolithos dodsonia grows shaped like poop I guess! :D

pseudolithosdodsoniana.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very cool highland chamber. It looks so... highlandy in there, lol.

And that Pseudolithos migiurtinus is a total trip.

Last edited:
Everything looks great! What kind of lights are you using?

Nice set up swords!

Looks like your nep seeds are germinated with just reflected light from your other lights, correct? When do you move them to more normal lighting?

Thanks!

They are just T5HO fixtures who need their tubes replaced.

Yeah, I don't germinate Nep seeds under light anymore because the algae and molds and whatever just goes wild while the seeds are deciding on whether they will germinate or not. Then when they do germinate they end up germinating on a slimey substrate. This way they start on clean milled LFS. I germinate in tubs then move to seedling trays when they get a few leaves. Sometimes I jump the gun like with the N. neoguineensis, I shoulda waited... I move them to the outside "bleed light" on the in front of the LL tanks once I see them germinating so the germinated seedlings don't have to struggle.

Thanks for the info swords, trying my first sets of nep seeds this week. Temps for highlander seeds? Warm days, cool nights or just normal highland temps?

Same temps as for lowlanders seems to yield about the same results, it's all down to how viable the seed is if it's skinny and looks pretty much like beard trimmings... :(
Hope for seed with fat middles that haven't been squished flat .

Back