What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I sue the electric company or my husband?

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
We lost power early last week and my husband hadn't fixed the generator after we wore it out during the hurricane. Thus no power equaled no heat for toooo long. I lost my N.amp seedlings (my first nep seeds to actually take), two seed grown N. mirabilis and worst of all kracken..the N. amp cutting I had gotten from Exo. :cry: along with almost all the D. binita varity dews and the cape dews.

The warm Survivors include one N. mirabilis, one N. gracllias, and my N. truncata seedlings.

Since I have an easier time growing the intermeaddite and cooler varities I think I might stick to those as I add to my collection from now on.

The D.binata and D.capensis should come back just fine. I grow D.b.binata, D.b.dichotoma and D.capensis outside year round with no protection in my bogs in Boston and NH.

Concur with binata and capensis coming back from roots. If not more can be found easily. The neps , are the all dead and crispy or mostly dead? Many can resprout from basal?

Have fun storming the castle.

ooch.. that sucks.. :\ Sorry chib.. but yeah, as they said, least the dews will come back.. maybe the neps too.

Identify the appropriate technology that allows you to harvest your hubby's BTUs and convert them into electricity.

Sorry to hear about that chibae! I'm sure the great community here would be willing to help you rebuild some of your collection :)

On another note, this would make a greay Judge Judy episode :p

If you need more multifida extrema or capensis red/typical/alba I can help our with cuttings ( or plants for typical capes) just shoot me a pm/email :)

I don't think I have any of those so I can't offer you any replacements, but I can offer my sympathies though :hug:

Sorry to hear! I hope things do come back for you...can't comment on the Neps but I have faith in capes and binatas, they're hardy plants from my experience.

well the neps havev't come back with any sign of hope. Fingers crossed on the dews. The next 2 months will be too cold for plant shipping around here, but thanks to all who offered.

Just the reality of life. Just have to move on. If it makes u feel better I lost rarer 1y+ old S. leucophylla seedlings, N. aristolochioides seedlings when my misting system failed.

Back