Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle's Carnivorous Basement Adventures [Picture HEAVY]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful! I like the D. capensis field, and the N. x miranda in the air is really cool!

@Brie: I may not be Kyle, but the temperatures Kyle keeps them at should be enough to keep the Darlingonia dormant, and I assume he is using a shorter photoperiod on them, they tend to keep their leaves throughout the winter like S. purpurea, S. pisttacina and others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, y'all. And yeah, Brie, I'm hoping the cool nights and reduced photoperiod will be enough to let them rest for the winter. In years past, I've had even flytraps and Sarracenia go dormant indoors during the winter and then explode when it warmed up again. So that's the hope, anyway. Who knows, lol. To be entirely honest, I wouldn't be totally bummed out if it decided it hated being indoors and yada yada and just rolled over. Would be more of a "Huh, oh well." kind of moment...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow man.. you've got your @%$! together! Loving the adelae.
    What would you think one of those cooler bogs would cost built and shipped someplace? I want that..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one the cobras are in? Hmmm. Honestly, not much. Pick up a cooler at Goodwill or something for.. I don't know, like 5 bucks? The little bin costs a dollar at Big Lots. Plumbing parts are a few more bucks, the pump is about $20. Shipping would cost the most, of course. Depending how big a cooler you wanted, the cost to ship it could obviously get up there. Wouldn't be extreme, but yeah. It's really not too bad to build it yourself, I'd be more than happy to do, like, a video or something on mine detailing each part if it'd help you. Or if you want nothing to do with DIY, I can build you one for the cost of a cooler, pump, and shipping. I've got spare PVC parts and tubing all over the place here I could build it with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible photos! I want a basement GH now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, Wire Man. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photos! What sort of flash(es) are you using for these?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Natalie.

I don't have any external flashes and the onboard one produces harsh shadows, so I don't use flashes at all.

I built a 2'x2'x2' light box out of PVC and white fabric and light that with a couple of those "eco" bulbs in cheapo clamp lamps. I should get a picture of the setup at some point...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast