What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you gea and WM! I love the rubricorpora x montanas. They are some very nice looking plants. I dont have any paphs but I want some bad. Just havent gotten around to ordering any yet. Love to see pics of it when it blooms:). I was worried that I wouldnt be able to give the diatas the correct environment for it to pitcher but it seems to like its new home. Right now the cool winter air helps but idk what i'm going to do for it this summer.

I have the same worries right now about my N. lavicola. It likes the cool winter air, but it'll probably be screaming in agony by summer.

My Nepenthes

Nowhere near as showy as a lot of the members. Theyre either super small or just purchased. I like them though. Right now I mostly have lowlanders because I can grow them in my terrarium. I'll probably convert my outdoor greenhouse to a highland gh this spring and buy more of those. Sorry I dont have any nice peristomes or humungous pitchers to show off:blush:.

N. diatas pitcher that recently opened

dscf4768d.jpg

dscf4762l.jpg

dscf4763u.jpg

dscf4770k.jpg

N. maxima x trusmadiensis(sp???)

dscf4771.jpg

dscf4772m.jpg

Small diatas about to ship out to someone

dscf4774q.jpg

dscf4775o.jpg

Mystery ll nep...thinking mirabilis maybe???

dscf4779e.jpg

dscf4780.jpg

N. gracilis

dscf4782o.jpg

N. truncata

dscf4788o.jpg

dscf4789c.jpg

N. ampullaria 'Brunei Red'

dscf4790r.jpg

dscf4794s.jpg

dscf4796y.jpg

Me likey N. gracilis!

Thanks!

Looking good! Glad to see you got a nice diatas. :)

Thanks pills!

A very nice thread. I look forward to more. If you haven't revised your opinion of your photographic abilities you might want to. :)

They all look great, dude! Keep it up. If you can get a diatas to pitcher, they'll all be big in no time.

If you haven't revised your opinion of your photographic abilities you might want to
Thanks Mark! I saw the flash diffuser thread that was recently started by someone and decided to make one so I double folded a piece of a napkin and taped it to the flash. Seems to work okay:).

If you can get a diatas to pitcher, they'll all be big in no time.
I hope so. The diatas is definitely not growing in ultra HL conditions though. 70-75 during the day and 65-70 during the night, constant 80% humidity or higher. I did have it in my outdoor greenhouse where it was getting 60-65 during the day and 45 at night but I slowly moved it indoors and it seems to have acclimated well to indoors. Im sure the super high humidity helps because the pitchers feel paper thin..

I dont have any lowland plants (unless you can count N. gracilis, but they grow in any temperature range), but when I get into them one day, those pictures of your N. ampullaria have convinced me that one of those will be the first to grow! Well done!

Thank you very much UT!

Purpureas

First up, a few S. purpurea from Caroline County VA. These were gifted to me courtesy of Wireman. Theyre showing some incredible coloration and nice variation.

dscf4820n.jpg

dscf4822c.jpg

dscf4830h.jpg

dscf4837o.jpg

dscf4838.jpg

dscf4840y.jpg

Now some seed grown S. rosea. I bought the seeds from ebay last year.

dscf4842y.jpg

dscf4843j.jpg

dscf4844v.jpg

dscf4845g.jpg

dscf4846t.jpg

dscf4853.jpg

dscf4855d.jpg

Looks like one of them is turning into one of the paler forms. Both species are looking really good!

Thanks guys!

Few Updates

Took a few pics today that i thought i'd share:).

Cephalotus'

dscf4910i.jpg

dscf4914t.jpg

dscf4911e.jpg

dscf4916v.jpg

dscf4917t.jpg

dscf4912.jpg

Heliamphora hetrodoxa x minor seedlings

dscf4924e.jpg

dscf4927y.jpg

dscf4928i.jpg

Drosera adelae seedlings

dscf4929x.jpg

dscf4933i.jpg

dscf4943t.jpg

Drosera regia seedlings

dscf4950m.jpg

dscf4955u.jpg

Drosera sp auyan tepui seedlings

dscf4961.jpg

dscf4966t.jpg

Sarracenia stevensii(F2/selfed)

dscf4968a.jpg

Sarracenia exornata x (alata x flava var maxima) seedlings

dscf4972g.jpg

Mixed sarracenia seedlings

dscf4973.jpg

Nepenthes hamata x platychila...hopefully it will pitcher for me soon

dscf4975j.jpg

dscf4979.jpg

very nice pictures! glad to see so many seedlings! keep up the good work!

Thank you Amphirion!

Everything is looking fantastic Dionae! :roookwoot:
The sarracenia seedlings are speeding right along.

Back