Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just my luck...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just my luck...

Last year, August 9th i was re-ended by a company vehicle while on the way to go salmon fishing...
    hit at 45MPH by a chevy tahoe, while i was turning and doing 10 because the guy looked down at his phone...got the car fixed and everything was grand... only minor damage had been done to the bumper and the frame had to be pulled out a bit...

Called up the guys company and insurance today wondering why i never received a form to sign off on the accident or any possible compensation.... said they would contact me tomorrow...
    Get back to work from lunch, go inside for maybe 10 minutes... Page over the intercom says Will the owner of a white malibu license plate number -------- please return to your vehicle...
    I say great, mustve hit the trunk button again or something of the sort, or left a window down...
    Hand the keys to a manager as i run out to investigate, and the look on their face was my first clue something was wrong... go outside, see blue and red flashing lights... think great, cops must think ive done something wrong, or someone broke into my vehicle...
    Turns out, an older couple in an F-150 backed into my car, got stuck to it, freaked out, peeled their tires and ripped half of my bumper off, flew forward and ran into our store's side wall, thankfully doing no damage to another car or hurting anyone... the flurry of curse words that flew out of my mouth before i found out it was an older couple was probably enough to have gotten me fired, but i think my manager understood on this one....

and i JUST got the bumper freakin repaired not even 5 months ago @_@
    what a freakin way to start the year... atleast no one got hurt though...

a cop witnessed the accident, it happened right infront of the cameras, and the cop was on the way out after assisting another cop with detaining a shoplifter...
    wow, just wow...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Talk about wrong place at the wrong time.
    I feel your pain buddy. I bought my car on New Year's Eve 2010, that same night a woman ran a red light and t-boned me. Sucks starting a new year with that..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good grief! I hope your luck gets better.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if work didn't suck enough...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That must of been painful, right in the face!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, SK. Yeah, I'd say that's pretty sour luck. Hopefully 2012 will be better and that elderly couple's insurance will cover all damages. :/
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you got a good story out of it.
    Indeed. Most indeededly. Phillip J. Frye

My growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about your misfortune SK. That sounds like a horrible way to start the new year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast