Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Local news/police telling people to look for signs of 'grow operations'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I moved into this house, I had TWO neighbors come to me in person and straight up ask if I was growing marijuana. >.>;;

And I think I already gave them about as nerdy a talk session as I could muster, so I think they probably believed me when I said, "Nope, just carnivorous plants!" XD

EDIT: LOL, and I thought my two neighbors was out of the ordinary. That's funny, Cthulhu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto, call the local PD and invite over the neighbors. Alleviate suspisions and all will be well. There is no reason conservative or not to get up in someones business. That said I don't know the neighborhood but you should know your neighbors well enough to talk to them. Mine have been over and their kids as well. I don't hide the lights although I should. Heck I'm more afaid of the idiots that think they can find something worth breaking in over. Like yourself though, Heaven help the fool that tries.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's a good point too. The cops may well be less threatening than some punk that thinks he's just made an easy grab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live beside a cop garage. I'm sure they see all kinds of strange lights from my house. I'm not too worried about it though...only thing theyll find here is a good cussing. I have all kinds of flowers and ornamental plants growing all summer though so they probably just think i'm a wierd plant guy...which I am.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who have been confronted by neighbors and potential customers, what kind of setups do you guys have? Is it just a room with intense lighting that can be seen through the window, or is it just the ordinary greenhouse?

Now you guys are putting the thought in my mind that my greenhouse will be raided by some crackhead thinking he's scoring big on some free illegal substances!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last 4th of July everyone in my family had to go into the greenhouse and look around and half asked if I was growing weed in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just to be safe i would tell the police that i have a growlab and that they are more then welcome to come check it out before you get a boot through the door and have bacon all over your house leaving greasy fingerprints

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    When I moved into this house, I had TWO neighbors come to me in person and straight up ask if I was growing marijuana. >.>;;

And I think I already gave them about as nerdy a talk session as I could muster, so I think they probably believed me when I said, "Nope, just carnivorous plants!" XD

EDIT: LOL, and I thought my two neighbors was out of the ordinary. That's funny, Cthulhu.
    Yeah, had an internet tech guy out here last week (my internet was having serious issues). My modem is in the same room as the plant tent thingy. Sure enough, he gets all ancy and nervous as soon as he saw it. I told 'dude, relax, nothing illegal, here look inside.' I then explained everything and showed him the different types to hopefully ensure he didn't think I was hiding anything. Still, I was worried.

I thought about calling the police on myself preemptively, but man my inner voice screams that would backfire. The road to ruin is paved with good intentions.

Edit: haha, right while I typed this, one channel ran a teaser commercial for one of their stories. "Urban indoor farms. It's becoming an epidemic. What's growing in your neighbors home? We'll show you the signs to look for". Ugh.
    Last edited by nightsky; 01-06-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast