Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Local news/police telling people to look for signs of 'grow operations'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh I know lol that's y my gf is always like y r u so secrative wen your not doing anything illegal. Id rather fly through the trees then above them. I deal with the growing weed thing everytime I go to the local farm and garden to buy supplies. The people in there always assume I'm growing weed and everytime I describe to them what I'm doing they get a look on their face like they don't belive me.... I don't really care to be honest with them. In my eyes I grow better things then weed. On another note as for police anyone else notice that our taxes are increasing and their salaries are increasing but they still treat us all like criminals. The whole judical system has completly flipped now its guilty until proven innocent. Like I said b4 fly through the trees not above them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, if you want to grow illegal plants (I do not) then one should grow some plants under lights call cops (neighbors) to let them know you're growing said plants then you should be good to go for the illegal stuff. For some reason that's all I could think about while reading this thread.
    'Celebrate the birth of our nation by blowing a little piece of it up'.The Simpsons.
    My grow list ~http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107403

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friends joke about me growing weed, but its nothing serious.
    Formerly known as WaterKirby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    So, if you want to grow illegal plants (I do not) then one should grow some plants under lights call cops (neighbors) to let them know you're growing said plants then you should be good to go for the illegal stuff. For some reason that's all I could think about while reading this thread.
    Errr, I don't think the point was to get the cops off your back, I think the point was to convince them it's unnecessary to kick your door down and shoot your dog. I'd say it's going to take a little more than a few D. capensis and D. muscipula to convince any cop that your only intention is growing CPs. So you'd have to actually be growing a good number of plants in some kind of tent or greenhouse to even convince them you're not a "threat," I'd imagine. Even then, who's to say they wouldn't surprise visit you a few months later? Again, I don't think the point is to be permanently on their whitelist, but to protect your dog's and even you and/or your family's safety and lives (if you were to react to people busting into your house in the middle of the night by defending yourself, thus getting shot).

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to agree that while being concerned is perfectly understandable, it isn't worth giving up your hobby or losing sleep over. The suggestion to speak to the police department and voice your concern -- even inviting them to come over and take a look if they want -- is a sound one. Speaking to your neighbors is also a good idea.

I often joke with my family and friends that I'm expecting the cops to stop by my apt some day and inquire about the bright light shining through the drapes in my spare room 7 days a week.
    "Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    No cops yet but, several neighbors have confronted me about it. One old lady across the street said she would call the police if I didn't get rid of the stuff immediately , the rest asked me if they could buy some pot. I had to bring them all in and show them what was going on. One guy took a v.f.t home with him instead of the "ounce of kind" he was expecting.
    Same thing happens to me in my apartment complex. Luckily, my next door neighbor things the plants are the coolest things he's ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it bugs yah invite the local police chief to see your setup......you can see my saltwater and plant lights going on and off via timers in my basement.....never had a worry cause quite frankly unless you have the traffic indicating your selling combined with it most cops wont give yah a second look......that and for me its a small town and the i know the police chief well and am in alot of the service clubs as his #2 guy who i consider a friend....

if it bugs yah that much just offer a tour....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsammich View Post
    if they bust into your house, SUE THEM
    Sue them and then buy s crap-ton of potting supplies, fluorescent bulbs, and pvc tubing and walk it very slowly bag by bag to your house in broad daylight.. And put ur plants by a window and have the lights on only at night as a reverse schedule

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast